Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The license plate on the back of my V vibrates and makes noise while driving & even when closing the door shut. The license plate has 4 holes on it while I have only 2 holes on the back of my V. The 2 holes at the bottom of the plate are not screwed on to the body. I have tried adjusting the 2 screws. It didn't help. I'd great appreciate any thoughts and ideas on how it can be resolved.

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you have a 2010 it is supposed to have two rubber parts affixed in the lower bolt locations by the dealer when the initial prep is done. They were located in the bag along with the front plate bracket. Go back to the dealer where you bought the car and tell them you want them installed and since it was missed you would like the entire prep procedure rechecked to insure nothing else was missed.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Might try plastic cable ties to keep plate attached to frame. Once plate is attached to frame, run a strip of 1/2" weather seal foam behind the plate at the bottom between the two holes - keeps assembly from hitting door. Does same job as 2 rubber blocks that were a part of the initial prep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The license plate on the back of my V vibrates and makes noise while driving & even when closing the door shut. The license plate has 4 holes on it while I have only 2 holes on the back of my V. The 2 holes at the bottom of the plate are not screwed on to the body. I have tried adjusting the 2 screws. It didn't help. I'd great appreciate any thoughts and ideas on how it can be resolved.

Thank you for your help!
I just took care of this myself by using 2 short bolts and low profile nuts. I have a plate cover that made the most noise. By screwing the two bottom holes together, the plate and cover don't rattle any longer. The plate is still flexible because of only having two top screws. Behind my plate are two soft spongey stick on squares which keep the bottom of the plate from hitting the area behind. Perhaps adding a couple dampening pads will fix this for you, as well.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Thank you for your help!

Remove your plate.
Stick on 4 of those fabric not skid adhesive table leg squares.
Reinstall plate and voila

Quiet plate for $1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts