Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my front license plate led bar mount in the mail and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to mount it on my 2004 crv, the mount weights 608 grams and the led bar weighs 4.1 pounds, would self tapping screws into the front license plate mount hold this weight?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi.

I was looking at the same mount but decide to build my own because to only have it mounted on by the front license plate screws did not seem stable enough or secure to me. Far to easy for some thief to come by grab the mount and rip it clear of the bumper to steal the light bar. I Will take a pic tomorrow and post it to show you how I mounted the light bar on my 06.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got a Few pic today after I managed to get out and wash the dirt from my road trip last week off the V.

I believe this to be more secure. In the Pics you'll see two bolts holding the bar on to the bumper. I cut out a 30 inch length of 1/4 inch steel and drilled two holes into it for the mounting bolts to come through and placed it on the edge inside the bumper where the mounting bolts come up. Not gonna be easy to steal this one unless the rip the whole bumper off. :) The bar doesn't protrude very much either.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
776 Posts
I must be missing something !! Someone PLEASE tell me why this is a good idea !! Other than more than likely being illegal and very possibly confusing oncoming traffic, there must be something to waking up one morning and the thought balloon saying "Hey !! I need a light over my front license plate" !! I did a lot of stupid things to cars I owned as a young man, but nothing this stupid !! Sorry, I know you could care less what I think but I feel better !! Craig

·
Registered
121 Posts
Its an OFF ROAD LIGHT BAR craig. So yes your are missing something as I have a cover that snaps over it when not in use. It is turned on in the picture for demonstration purposes only.
Im happy you feel better after your rant though. Good on you.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
121 Posts
Absolutely the "must have" accessory! Just like I'm sure you have an accessory sign staked into your front lawn "Get off my lawn" for all the trouble some kids that may step on your precious grass. Every Grumpy Old #### must have one. Craig I Like to go on Dirt roads down into the woods out in the country where there is not much light but many Moose! This is why I have installed and Light bar to give me more light to see in such places. I'm sure you have seen accessory lights on Vehicles before this is not new nor stupid! Unless used for other purposes ie... on road driving. I did not state that I would be or have been using this light on road nor has the original poster. So next time you feel the need to vent get your facts straight!

ZAZE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts