Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made a homemade spacer lift kit and it still rides like stock and still has room for the suspension to move. With the lift springs, it just makes your suspension not give any so it rides like a brick. My lift cost me 30 bucks and I'd reccomend it over any stiff spring lift. Easy to make and a pain in the butt to install...lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lifted 01 CR V

I have a 01 with a BDS lift and over size tires. I opted for the spring type lift as I needed the HD spring to support my Snowbear plow. Does ride rough especialy for the first two years. I do however like the spacer idea as this is what they are using on the ridgeline's to lift them.

Hope the pic download of my CR V works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
suzuki,
that is exactly the look i am going for. Can you give some details on the lift, and tires ( how much lift, tire size ect.) I am thinking about the old man emu set up for my 98 crv, heres a pic of my 01 trooper with an ome set up, the ride is night, and day compared to stock, and it let me run 265's with no rub. What are you getting for mpg before/after the lift. Thats the coolest looking crv ive seen yet, nice job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just installed EMU springs and Bilstein HD shocks. Rides like a rock, but I'll like it, especially after I upgrade to 235/75s! :D Pics coming soon...

·
Registered
713 Posts
BDS, Old Man Emu, and Iron Man were known companies that provided solutions for the CR-V.

Unfortunately many of them don't make springs for the CR-V anymore. :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed my lift springs last week. I got the Old Man Emu ones from RockyRoadOutfitters. They're pricey but totally worth it. The only downside is the stiff ride but I'm used to it already. I've yet to take a nice pic but this is what I've got. image.jpg buying the lift springs also gives you the option of installing new struts all the way around at the same time. This is 1.75" in the front and 2" in the rear so it levels out. After this I will upgrade the tire size to add another 1.5"
Do it man!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Looks nice, get the general grabbers AT2. They look awesome on a gen 1 V ... then we want some wheeling pics :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts