Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a lift kit on their CR-Vs? Even lifting it 2-3 inches would be a wish for some people who need the extra ground clearance.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Doing a quick search finds a couple of 0.75" kits, but not 2-3 inches.

It looks like even the 2001 and earlier CR-Vs only have kits available for 1.25".

·
Registered
19 Posts
done a lift on 06 crv of 2" and its just not the lift you need. youll need adjustable camber kit and bolts for the tires as well. you can find a 3" lift to. and it will allow for 235/75/r15 to be run. with .5 wheel spacers. and maybe a little rubbing. if you have old struts and springs. the biggest lift you can get without a kit is. I have 1.5" they are just a shock spacer. but they will allow for you to other then that you will need fender rolling and things like this to get higher. and I run 215/75/r15 and no rubbing. and between the lift and the tires i got about 2.25 in lift on my crv

·
Registered
33 Posts
Remember the higher you lift the worse the gas mileage, you want to balance hwy miles, with off road, no need to waste gas, I'm now wondering if I should have gotten AWD

·
Registered
202 Posts
Last spring, I lifted my wife's 2014 CRV using 20mm spacer blocks (which lifts 30+ mm / 1.5" in reality). Lift any higher using larger size spacer blocks and it over stresses suspension moving parts. For higher lifts, recommend using performance lift kits - that use re-calibrated geometry parts. Especially on its front steering parts as well...

Note: Next time, I would install 20mm on its front and perhaps 25mm/30mm on its rear.

For low cost spacer blocks, surf ebay and/or amazon. They are low cost and most folks can install in their own driveway - like I did. Afterwards, remember to get a auto shop to do wheel alignment afterwards.

For my wife's minor lifted CRV, there's no change with its steering behavior. Its simply slightly higher off the ground - which is much gentler on my bad back. Smiles.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
........Its simply slightly higher off the ground - which is much gentler on my bad back. Smiles.
The CRV being 3" higher........man, that would be so much easier ingress/egress (for me). Getting older/stiffer ain't no beach.

This past Monday, I sat behind the wheel of '19 Pilot......sooooo much easier ingress/egress, I could hear/feel my back saying thank you.

I don't want surgery, meds or 10 mpg less around town.?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes. I hear you on the "bad back" thing. When we bought "my vehicle" (if wondering, our 2014 CRV is my wife's run-about vehicle), I walked up to the auto sales guy, held my pointer finger at my bum level and said "I want a vehicle at that seat height". The guy laughed and said, yup. Over age 60 requirement. LOL!

------------------

3" lift????

If you use Google and search of mm to inches conversion calculator, you'll find that 30mm lift (using 20mm blocks) is around 1.25" lift. 1.5" lift at end of A-Arm distance sounds very little lift height but it feels much better on my back. Smiles.

If wondering, using 30mm block in rear will lift 40mm - estimated 1.75-2" lift. This would be the max I would recommend for the rear. Front has max of 20mm blocks (for a 30mm lift result). Remember that spacer blocks are added at top of each shock mounts and at its 1/3 position of its A-Arms. Thus, outer a-arm lift distance is higher than the block's thickness.

For me, 4 x 20mm spacer blocks wasn't for the "lift look". It was a low cost DIY install to make my bad back happy. Next time, I would install 30mm in rear and keep 20mm in the front. Thus, giving it a more level stance look.

For pics, see below.
Stance after lift - 2.jpg Stance after lift - 1.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1.5" would be good. Gas mileage hit ain't a big deal since I only get 22 highway out of the Mustang lol. While it's nice getting nearly 30MPG out of the Honda, a 1.5" lift would also be nice in some cases. The new AWD CR-V is up to 8.2" of ground clearance which is pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is my recent project. 1999 model with 30mm lift in front and 40mm In rear. Tires 235/75/15.

Lifts and Tires arent optimal for constant off-road use, because it takes some contact In thight turns and bumbs. So i need to make more space for tires to roll freely. Or lift it more..

And im new here, also finnish, so sorry if my english is bad.. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my recent project. 1999 model with 30mm lift in front and 40mm In rear. Tires 235/75/15.

Lifts and Tires arent optimal for constant off-road use, because it takes some contact In thight turns and bumbs. So i need to make more space for tires to roll freely. Or lift it more..

And im new here, also finnish, so sorry if my english is bad.. Lol View attachment 138291
Just bought mine and would like a lift. When you say 30mm front and 40mm rear, you are talking about the lift block/spacer height or about lift height itself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tks!

What combination wheels and tires you have?

Do you have wheel spacer? What thickness?
Rims are 8 inch wide. Spacers 5mm In front, because those rims take contact to brakes without spacers. Tires are 31". I think that max size whit this setting.

Im planning wider fenders.

·
Registered
12 Posts

And im new here, also finnish, so sorry if my english is bad.. Lol View attachment 138291
Looks like the tires stick out. Any rubbing issues?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts