Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a lifted CRV? I live in the desert and would like to make my new CRV off-road friendly. I’ve seen some spacers out there and whole new shock systems. I’m just curious as to what’s out there...

·
Registered
270 Posts

OME lift springs and KYB struts in the front. Running 225/75/15 A/T tires. Not the best picture but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1997 AWD CR-V
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking at pricing was there a reason you did not go with EMU all the way around? The struts are priced around the same. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
270 Posts
After looking at pricing was there a reason you did not go with EMU all the way around? The struts are priced around the same. Thanks in advance.
At the time I ordered the springs, they didn't have that option. It's definitely the way to go especially if you're on the original suspension.

·
Registered
270 Posts
HRG Engineering has some lift parts for CR-Vs.
Ben from HRG is the man, and has some amazing stuff for the CRV. I knew I'd be putting my RD1 through it's paces so I went with the springs over the lift spacers initially. At some point in the future, I will be doing the subframe drop AND lift spacers to get a bit more height safely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im currently installing the Old Man Emus
They look nice and quite a step up from OE
Might add spacers too if i need more

·
Registered
270 Posts
Im currently installing the Old Man Emus
They look nice and quite a step up from OE
Might add spacers too if i need more
It'll ride so much better than the original suspension. If you intend to go further, you'll need to do a body lift (sub-frame drop) along with upper control arm work.. This stuff is on my list down the road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, i bought the shocks and struts with the kit.
If you look at my thread "I got mine back" in greatings and intros

You can see everything im working on with it

·
Registered
28 Posts
HRG Engineering has some lift parts for CR-Vs.
They have a full kit that ive been looking into making!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU for the link!!/////////////////

I wanted to space the subframes but havent had the time yet.
$750 is worth it in my time alone and they have the steering knuckel spacer too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts