Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, im getting a 2000 CRV LX (4WD) with about 50,000 miles soon. I would like to do a series of mods, one of the first being lifting it and putting it on some larger off-roading wheels and tires. I was wondering if anybody knew a good budget 2.5-4" inch lift kit? Also, is there anything to watch out for, or just any advice in general on installation or other things regarding the lift? Also, any recommendations on (black) wheels and tires is welcome. Thanks for any feedback in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why are you lifting it? Serious questing. If you are lifting it because you plan on doing some serious off roading with the CR-V, don't buy a CR-V. I know there are videos out there of CR-V's going through rivers, through snow, etc etc, but they are not, and the 4WD system is not, built for serious off road use. You will be replacing parts left and right if you do this.

If you're just looking for increased aesthetics, then you can buy spacers for the strut mounts that will give you 2 - 2.5" of rise, I've never seen 4". But, these CR-V's are not made for off road modifications and constant off-road use. I have a 2004 Silverado that sees most of my off-road use, but I'll take the CR-V sometimes and I've noticed a lot more wear and tear on the CR-V going down the same roads the Silverado handles without batting an eye.

If I were you, I'd look for a Jeep Liberty or maybe a Chevy Tracker/Suzuki Vitara. Those all are built on a frame, have a hi/low range transfer case and would be more robust off-road and accepting of modifications.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts