Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The orange ring light around the ignition stays on all of the time in my 2000 cr-v. Does anyone know a way to disable this? It remains on when the doors are closed and locked. The dome light turns off when the doors are closed so I don't think there's an issue with the door switch. I haven't used the key remote in a few years and always open my doors manually. The light also remains on when the key is in the ignition and turned on. I searched the forums but didn't see anyone else with this issue. If there's a fuse I can remove to turn off just this light I'd do that but I don't see this light labeled anywhere on the diagram. I have a new battery but I think leaving this will eventually drain my battery. Any advice?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Turn off the ignition and remove the key. Make sure all lights are off. Lock the vehicle and then 15 min later, look through the passenger window and see if the light is still on.
If it is, I will look through my old 2000 Service Manual to see if I can find which circuit it is on and which fuse controls it.
One suggestion I noticed when I did a search for that problem was to lubricate the ignition key slot and keep putting the key in and out.
Do more internet searching on the problem for more 'possible' solutions, quicker. :)
Check for recalls on that switch for your year CRV.
Buffalo4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts