Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 1999 crv and need to replace a few bulbs on the car, I have the large service manual but can't find a mention of the sizes to replace any bulbs. Currently I am looking for a license plate bulb. I couldn't find help on google either. Could anyone please point me in the direction of these specs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I had a look for the owners manual for 1999 but the honda provided owners manual online is a document with only one page (contents). I had a look at the 2001 honda provided manual on page 295 and it says for the taillight it is: 12v-8w, I would assume 8w means 8 watt. Would I be right? When I search google for 12v-8w it provides me info for bulbs for 12v 8watt but no specific size of bulb

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,576 Posts
Here is the part list for your tail lights, find the honda part number there and then do a google search on the part number.
But it's an automotive 12v 8w wedge bulb. However the Honda bulbs seem to last a lot longer than you'll get from an auto parts store

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, that site is particularly useful. talking to autoshops here in Melbourne aus they assume it would be bayonet or 5w. I found someone that stocks it local it seams its tricky to find it online in Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts