Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised there isn't a light when you lift the tail gate. At night it is pitch black and I can't see anything in the back. Have any of you found a small battery power light that you have rigged up in the back?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are lights on the left and right side of the cargo compartment. For whatever reason, they come from the factory set to "off". The bulbs used in those fixtures are terrible however; get the brightest W5W LEDs you can find on Amazon and replace them.
Thanks! I guess I should have noticed the lights when I was looking... I guess to have them come on you have to change a setting somewhere in the car's menu? Thanks for the tip on replacing them.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thanks! I guess I should have noticed the lights when I was looking... I guess to have them come on you have to change a setting somewhere in the car's menu? Thanks for the tip on replacing them.
No settings change; it's just a white toggle switch on the lights. (Fun Fact: If you leave the hatch open for a while, eventually the car will turn those lights off so you won't kill your battery by leaving the hatch open. They'll turn back on if you open/close any door.)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I was very disappointed with the Sylvania LEDs I installed in the back. OE on the left, Sylvania LED on the right. Not the best pic but you can definitely tell the OE bulb illuminates better, just not as white. I got a refund.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
A sign of the times.

·
Registered
59 Posts
(Fun Fact: If you leave the hatch open for a while, eventually the car will turn those lights off so you won't kill your battery by leaving the hatch open. They'll turn back on if you open/close any door.)
I didnt know that, I was SOP leaving them off, since my old 2005 CRV if you left the rear hatch window cracked, it would kill the battery - thx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts