Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
187 Posts
I guess some people like to tinker with thing, but I've heard a complaint that some people hear a whining noise on the highway, what ever that really means. I personally do not and will not tinker with something that should not be messed with unless there is a problem.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm with you SR45.. Im guessing there is a reason for this device, if there is an issue with noise etc. I am going to make the dealer FIX it on my brand new vehicle. Alot of work for..................?..........

·
Registered
428 Posts
Some people's ears are more sensitive to active noise cancellation, especially after upgrading to an after-market sub-woofer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The real question: After disconnecting ANC, what difference did anyone hear and under what circumstances?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Like fresh said. you unplug it because you can actually hear the ANC (i can) or you are installing an aftermarket amp/sub. No other reason.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you hear this mysterious sound with the radio on...I assume people this day and age would have something on, or talk to people. Or do you have to be driving around silently listening for things.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Was anyone tried to tape over the ANC microphone...this might solve some of the sound problems.
The mike is located on the ceiling by the pull down seat belt area

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't need to unhook the ANC, I just take my hearing aids out and it's as quiet as can be.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I disabled it via the software but when installing an amp/subwoofer/etc. I physically unplugged it. I can hear the sound of the engine a bit more but I like the engine's sound. Overall I like the sound.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How can I crank it up to not hear the engine? :) After 9 months of ownership I've come to grips of a few points with noise. 1) the stock tires really suck and will be replaced early next year, 2) the engine sounds bad when you are in the 3K RPM range but is better if you step on it and wind it up to 4K range. I'm learning to drive it harder and it is more rewarding with less turbo lag as well as better sounds. There is nothing worse than the droning CVT. I do enjoy my CRV especially after I drove my son-in-laws Subaru Forester rental over this last week. I'm so glad I did not go that direction because there was so may characteristics that drove me crazy that I really appreciate my CRV. Overall I'm getting used to all the interesting noises my CRV makes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts