Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lift, new rims and tires on 1st Gen V

This post wasn't getting an responses so I'll try and do a better job of explaining things.

I've heard everyone mentioning the BDS lift kit that's no longer on their website, so I'll be calling them later today. Besides that, I emailed a local custom springs manufacturer that does one off springs, to see if I could get a set for my V. Any other suggestions? I'm in Ontario so keep that in mind.

As for rubber, suggested tire sizes? I was looking at Goodyear's "Wrangler Territory," BFGoodrich All Terrain. Not sure what else I should look at. I'm trying to stay under $200/tire if I can. I'm not going for size, I want something more aggressive... and a little bigger

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
One more thing...

Edit: I found these online: 15" Unilug Centrelines

Would they fit a '99 V, will Goodyear Wrangler Territory's (235/75) fit on the rims? What kind of lift will I need to take the new setup?

Last question: Could I just put those 15's i found online w/ tires on my V and drive it like that for a while, before the new tires/lift?

·
Registered
681 Posts
As for rubber, suggested tire sizes? I was looking at Goodyear's "Wrangler Territory," BFGoodrich All Terrain. Not sure what else I should look at. I'm trying to stay under $200/tire if I can. I'm not going for size, I want something more aggressive... and a little bigger

What should I look for in a rim? I'm trying to find some used ones that just need a good snadblasting, but what can I throw on the V that'll fit?

This enough info to get some input?
There are plenty of threads mentioning the same questions you have about rims. Doing a search will give you more than enough answers.

One more thing...

Is it possible I just sandblast my old stock rims and throw a LT225/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Territory tire on it... after the lift is done?

Any help would be awesome.

Would they fit a '99 V, will Goodyear Wrangler Territory's (235/75) fit on the rims? What kind of lift will I need to take the new setup?

Last question: Could I just put those 15's w/ tires on my V and drive it like that for a while, before the new tires/lift.
You dont have 16 inch rims stock on your V. They will be 15 inches. So you couldn't throw on 225/75r16, the tire is the wrong size. You can find 225/75r15s out there, maybe go to your local tire store and ask some questions. I am running 225/75 15's on my 1st gen, stock suspension, and wheels. There is some minimal rubbing at full lock up front. Also, I think that 235's would be too wide for the stock rim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thanks. I renamed and moved this thread because everyone was ignoring it (obviously because I don't know this stuff and no one wants to answer basic questions). I know now that the R is rim size and yes the 16's wouldn't fit. However, what do you think of those 15's and tires in the link, would they be alright on the V, and what's "unilug"?

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Yeah, thanks. I renamed and moved this thread because everyone was ignoring it (obviously because I don't know this stuff and no one wants to answer basic questions). I know now that the R is rim size and yes the 16's wouldn't fit. However, what do you think of those 15's and tires in the link, would they be alright on the V, and what's "unilug"?

Welcome to the CRVOC Thivi. Sorry to hear that you feel that you were being ignored and that we don't want to answer basic questions. You will find that our members are very helpful and at time you may have to wait for a response. As has been mentioned we do have a search function here and sometimes you will have to look for posts with the info you rewuire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I tried to make a BETTER post, and then delete the old one but couldn't figure out how, my apologies. I feel better now, just would like a little more input. I've searched around but a couple questions are specific to what I've said so please give it a read and let me know, thanks eveyrone!

The tires I found are from kijiji.ca and are 15" unilug centrelines (5x4.5) with tires. 2 rims have brand new tires 205/65/15 and the other 2 are 235/60/15. They also come with centre caps. Could I buy these, put them on the V, and not have anything to worry about? New rubber, and the lift will go on by summer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not going to buy those rims. I think I'm just going to have my old rims sandblasted and powder coated, then I think I'm going to just get whatever I can fit on it. Probably the Goodyear Wrangler Territory's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
yes, just as tires have many numbers to describe them, wheels also have many numbers to describe them.
diameter
width
bolt pattern (number and diameter of bolt circle)
offset or backset
hub opening diameter (are they hub-centric wheels or not?)

the numbers/answers to all of these are necessary to make an intelligent wheel choice. Hondas generally use hub-centric wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just one more question to add to this thread:

Will installing wheel spacers, affect the size of tire you can fit. ie. a 235/70 or 235/75, will spacers allow for the extra rubber?

·
Registered
234 Posts
installing spacers will allow larger/wider tires, IF the limitation is rubbing against the inner parts of the vehicle, such as struts. spacers will make the problem worse if the rubbing is against the inner fender nearest the outside of the vehicle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.