Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
4,848 Posts
AFAIK No. And I don't think it would be a good idea if you could.
For the same reason you can't make Brake Hold the default.

Remember old Joe Bagodonuts? The guy who has only driven a '57 Chevy?
He has to be able to get in the car and drive it safely, or it has to be placarded as having modified controls.
I went through this when I added a left-side accelerator. I wanted it to default to the left, but that would require placarding, defaulting to the right, so Old Joe can drive it, is OK.
I don't know if this would apply to LKAS, but I could understand Honda not wanting to even get into the matter.

You still get Lane and Road departure warnings with LKAS off.

·
Super Moderator
4,848 Posts
I know many owners are very conscientious and don't feel they need "nanny-Honda" looking over their shoulders as they drive... but the fact is.. Honda has to design for all cases of drivers and driving conditions as Honda has a responsibility (legal and moral) to protect and insure the safety of drivers and passengers.
Remember even if you live alone you may not be the only one to drive the car. Your dealer, tire shops, possibly a car wash, a valet.
Some of those folks might need Nanny Honda, even if you don't.

·
Super Moderator
4,848 Posts
There is a fair amount of hysteresis in the LKAS algorithm.
But I finally learned some of that "wiggle" was my Hankook tires trying to grab the grooves on an Interstate.
Seems to be more stable with Michelins, but still wanders more than I would like.
Whenever there's an exit lane to the right the car seems to start to follow it but quickly steers back to the main road.

• Wow
Reactions: GaryPSU

·
Super Moderator
4,848 Posts
RDM can be a pain for me at times. I often go off a highway onto dirt intentionally, and the vibration made me think I'd hit something. Nobody to signal to, why use a blinker?
But I got used to it.
I'm still on the fence about LKAS. Like Brake Hold I fear I'll get used to it and wind up in a car without it.

Reactions: williamsji

·
Super Moderator
4,848 Posts
What a GREAT idea! How can we get the rest of the 49 states to do this? (I am assuming, of course, that the rest don't do this)
Get Tesla to pay the states to do it?

·
Super Moderator
4,848 Posts
Originally "Bott's Dots", there are many variations.
But a lot of them can be damaged by plows. I never see them in snowy climes.
They wouldn't be very useful when covered with snow anyway I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts