Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,227 Posts
Not all current vehicles with a "LKAS" type system have it default to off with every engine shut down. I have to remember to turn it on when I drive my wife's '20 CR-V. I also would like it to stay the way it was last set.

On the other hand, the cruise control will stay "ON" (but not engaged) in the CR-V, while my other car requires me to hit the ON button every time I start the car.

More important in my mind, is a consistency between brands, in these functions, and names of the functions. Seems each brand has a different name for similar safety features.

·
5,227 Posts
... I was hoping to find a ”trick” to have my wife’s CRV default to LKAS on.
This is going to be very difficult, I'm afraid. I have trained myself to hit the LKAS button on my wife's CR-V the few times I drive it.

·
5,227 Posts
I rarely drive it as well, but I can‘t “train“ my wife to hit the button each start. 😄
AHHH... My wife doesn't use it either, she doesn't like the feeling. :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: GaryPSU

·
5,227 Posts
Ever since I bought my 2019 XL, LKAS has been activated every time I start the car and drive. Yesterday it was on as normal, and road construction took me off the left side of the road over the yellow line which made the car brake immediately. I actually turned this off for the first time yesterday after this happened. I also keep it off permanently on my 2019 accord. It was on the first few months that I got it but it too got to be annoying so I finally just turned it off and now it stays off.
Are you sure you aren't talking about Road Departure Mitigation? Totally different feature. The LKAS has a button to turn it on the steering wheel, lower right side.

FYI, at first I found this annoying when I didn't use the turn signals when crossing a line on the side of the road...like entering a a right turn lane.

Reactions: HondaVet7

·
5,227 Posts
You are 100% correct on LKAS being On always unless you physically turn it Off. I’ve never turned it off. I like the way it works.
Actually, I didn't say it is on al the time, only that the button for it is on the lower right side of the steering wheel.

You may be referring to the Road departure mitigation...the button for this is to the left of the steering wheel, on the dash board.

Lots of confusion over this, apparently. :eek:

·
5,227 Posts
Regarding the LKAS tending to "want" to exit when passing the exit mouth, my 2018 EX had done that until recently, when Maine started painting dashed lines across the exit mouth. The LKAS now ignores the exit. I'm guessing that is why the state painted those dashes.
What a GREAT idea! How can we get the rest of the 49 states to do this? (I am assuming, of course, that the rest don't do this)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts