Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been meaning to ask this but only remember after I've used it. Only use this when I'm on the highway, but always seem to get a beep when I cross through an intersection. It's got to be the LKAS because I don't hear this when I'm around town and have it disabled. Is it supposed to do this and what is purpose? Any other thoughts if it may be something else, I usually have the road mitigation system on with this.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Been meaning to ask this but only remember after I've used it. Only use this when I'm on the highway, but always seem to get a beep when I cross through an intersection. It's got to be the LKAS because I don't hear this when I'm around town and have it disabled. Is it supposed to do this and what is purpose? Any other thoughts if it may be something else, I usually have the road mitigation system on with this.
If the lkas has locked onto the lines on the road and let's say you go through a intersection, and it loses the lines, because there is none, then it will beep.

It will do the same on the highway if it loses the lines for whatever reason.

Imo it's just alerting you that it no longer is locked onto a line, and will not be assisting you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine does exactly the same thing and I've been meaning to ask :)

Given the responses here, I'll pay special attention to see if the LKAS lines disappear when the beep occurs. I never knew where to look or what to look for!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to Settings->Vehicle->Driver Assist System Setup->Lane Keeping Assist Suspend Beep, set it to ON. It's around page 364 in manual.
Went out to reset and the suspend beep setting was already on. Turned it off and back on again just in case. Otherwise???

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,196 Posts
Went out to reset and the suspend beep setting was already on. Turned it off and back on again just in case. Otherwise???
You probably know this, but be sure when you are checking the settings that you are entering the car with the correct fob. Driver 1 or driver 2. Many of the setting can be set differently for each driver. Not sure if this is one of them but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I get that, but my keys (driver 1) are the only ones ever in the car. Also, I don't recall it giving me an option for which driver but I was using driver 1 key fob when I accessed the menu.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,567 Posts
I know of no way to select driver 1/2 settings except by entering the vehicle with fob#1 and adjust the settings. Then get fob#2 and do the same thing. Someone may know an easier way.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,196 Posts
I know of no way to select driver 1/2 settings except by entering the vehicle with fob#1 and adjust the settings. Then get fob#2 and do the same thing. Someone may know an easier way.
I also believe this is the only way.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V, 1.5T, Touring, AWD, Basque Red Pearl II / Gray
16 Posts
I have an 18 Touring and while I have not experienced your situation, I hear what I assumed were random beeps. Two days ago I found the source for some of them. When a vehicle in the lane next to me blows by, the mirror light comes on, a single beep goes off. As this does not happen when the vehicle is behind me and pulls around to pass, I believe it has something to do with how fast the passing vehicle is going.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you watch the two lines on your dash, they turn bright white when LKAS sees the lane (only above a certain speed if I recall). As I go through an intersection where there are no lane markers, they dim or turn gray, and I get a beep. Took me awhile to figure this out. Thanks to someone earlier on how to adjust it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.