Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does yours compare to this.

Not all places are the best but when you walk in to a Honda Parts Department, it should be presentable so you would want to return back again and again.

Not a Single well a bull bar nothing else on the wall, the show cases empty. Just one guy, four monitors and 7 plus workers not allowed to help customers.

I been to another shop see that photo, totally different, night & day.

I made my purchase of the M.I.A. parts of the fender under cover $10.00 special order vs $15.00 plus not complaining just not presented well when you're with a new car again you expect quality not a junk shop. WHy online purchasing looks a hell lot nicer?

What are your thought?

Another shop

·
Registered
310 Posts
The parts department at my dealer is just a counter that juts out into the hall heading to the shop. Not too impressive and makes internet shopping look better.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Dealerships simply don't sell many parts to retail customers, so it's not a priority; their biggest customer is the service bay, and most of the rest of their customers are local auto repair shops, who always order over the phone or via fax, and often get their parts delivered.

The parts counter at one of the nearby Toyota dealerships is just an 8-ft countertop in one corner inside the main service shop; it's not even inside the "retail" part of the dealership.

Really, I don't care what it looks like as long as the counterman looks up the correct part number, and the price isn't too extortionate. In a regular store, a bare-bones setup might make it difficult to locate items, but since everything is behind the counter anyway, it doesn't really bother me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree with sirwired for the most part BUT
a clean shop certainly makes a better impression

and IF the dealership wanted to be really "top dog" - they would care too

i wouldn't eat in a restaurant that had trash everywhere - so even though it isn't critical - it does effect my trust / decision making

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's a missed opportunity for the dealership since they usually have customers just sitting around waiting for their cars. But it is probably a function of space availability and dealer volume. Around here I notice Toyota dealers replacing Honda sized dealerships with megaplexs and turning the old place into a used car and or collision center.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Parts Dept where I bought my V is down a flight of industrial stairs and down an unmarked hallway. It's hard to find when looking for, not someplace you would ever find while wandering around waiting for your car. But they were nice when I asked to swap the included cargo liner (I already had a weathertech on order) for a bumper protector.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My experience has been that less fancy dealers are much better than fancy ones. Fancy ones are all show and no go, less fancy ones are more personable and awesome. That's my experience.

That said, fancy Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos are great too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
My dealership has two parts counters, one for car parts in the garage building and another inside the sales building which mainly has car accessories, shirts, hats, jackets key chains etc.

The one in the garage has commonly purchased parts such as oil filters and fluids in a customer shopping area in front of the desk.

The accessory store in the sales area is unorganized and just a hodgepodge of stuff. Part of the problem is that this is an automall and they sell 11 different brands of cars and trucks under one roof. They recently hired a new accessories manager and he is trying to organize the area and update the products. IMHO the dealership has been missing an opportunity there, but maybe the new guy can get it straightened out. Unfortunately, I was told by the new guy that the dealership has no intent to discount accessories to internet competitors prices though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My experience has been that less fancy dealers are much better than fancy ones. Fancy ones are all show and no go, less fancy ones are more personable and awesome. That's my experience.

That said, fancy Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos are great too.
I totally agree! A fancy place doesn't have mechanics, they just have parts changers.

Give me a hole in the wall resturant, and a greasy parts counter :)

Although with all the dang computers, that is changing :(

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My local dealer has a small counter with a computer. Their big counter is back in their service department. I will give them credit, their parts department is open on Sunday! It has saved me a lot of trouble before when I had a car apart and needed something NOW!

Now, the down side of my local dealer: His prices are List price +20% !! I needed the glass for a mirror on my 2012. He wanted over $100 for it. I got it on-line for like $49 delivered. Needless to say I only buy parts there when they are on-sale or I am desperate for the part right now. Buy on-line from Majestic, College Hill or several other big dealers at a fair discount.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My dealership is brand new in '16. They have very nice display cabinets behind the service desks with all sorts of accessories on display. The parts counter is just a desk cut into the wall, the parts area is behind and off to the side so you don't see shelves, etc. The prices are decent and they have everything in stock that I've needed.
Just bought a set of splash guards for my '17 V EX and got a decent discount.
There vehicle prep area is also very nicely laid out. There detailers are nice as well. I really like their wheel shine stuff and when I asked if they sold it the detailer gave me a new spray bottle filled with the liquid for free and they've topped it off for me as well every time I ask, also at no cost...That is very cool...I usually give the kid a fiver whether he/she wants it or not...a soft drink on me is cheap for their kindness.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the option of 2 dealerships---
One is a Honda--WV dealer, the other a Honda Dealer.
I buy parts at either--counter guys--tell them what you want,
they go get it--good enough for me.

Service wise--I prefer the Honda only shop.
That's all they work on--Honda.

One day I went to the Honda-WV service to inquire about service
and they told me the "Honda Guy" wasn't in today.
Now I get my work done in a Honda only dealer when I wish to employ them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
just had my first oil change last week (24.99 coupon for oil/19.99 for rotation)
Honda of Palm Harbor (fl)

took 1.5 hour for an oil change/rotate tires
dealership was clean, nice and everyone was friendly

my service rep was nice, professional and gave a correct estimate of time to get it done
he asked if i wanted a car wash (i assumed that included drying it too lol)

I was surprised when the car was done and came back wet -
he told me it was a no-touch spray wash. i was very spoiled with my lexus - hand car washes every time, anytime i want (i could go at lunch if i wanted to wait)

I went to the parts window and purchased a paint touch up pen ($13)
the area was clean, organized and had some merch on display (shirts, mugs, keychains, etc) - IMG_0019.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts