Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! It's happened several times with my CR-V 2004. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it's a fault that meeds attention. Today I unlocked my car, got in, and the doors clicked (I assume they locked). Next moment, without starting the car, the alarm goes off and I cannot unlock the door. I find this very scary and embarrassing, especially on a quiet Saturday afternoon during lockdown. BTW, I wasn't intending to go anywhere, just collecting some stuff I'd left in my car. I tried turning on the engine, the alarm stops for a moment, then starts again. There are various flashing lights. Eventually I managed it, but I'm not sure what I did, and the door unlocked. Is there something very simple I need to do when this happens? Bear in mind, I was in the car and couldn't get out.

Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
Help! It's happened several times with my CR-V 2004. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if it's a fault that meeds attention. Today I unlocked my car, got in, and the doors clicked (I assume they locked). Next moment, without starting the car, the alarm goes off and I cannot unlock the door. I find this very scary and embarrassing, especially on a quiet Saturday afternoon during lockdown. BTW, I wasn't intending to go anywhere, just collecting some stuff I'd left in my car. I tried turning on the engine, the alarm stops for a moment, then starts again. There are various flashing lights. Eventually I managed it, but I'm not sure what I did, and the door unlocked. Is there something very simple I need to do when this happens? Bear in mind, I was in the car and couldn't get out.
Possibly you locked and armed the alarm by inadvertently pressing the key fob once inside the car. Did you try and unlock the car by using the key fob or by using the door handles?

On a previous car with auto lock the doors locked automatically when I popped into the shops with the key in my pocket. Unfortunately I left two teenage daughters inside who set off the interior motion alarm but were unable to manually open the doors or stop the alarm 馃槀. It only stopped when I returned and disabled the alarm by using the fob to open the door.

I disabled the auto lock feature after that incident and I'm happy my current CRV doesn't have it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, Charlie1960. It's possible I pressed the fob after I got into the car. I can't remember how I got out of the car, but I certainly didn't use the key to unlock the door. I rolled down the window, so I possibly used the fob on the outside. Whatever I did, it worked. Maybe I should have the auto-lock disabled?

Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
Thank you, Charlie1960. It's possible I pressed the fob after I got into the car. I can't remember how I got out of the car, but I certainly didn't use the key to unlock the door. I rolled down the window, so I possibly used the fob on the outside. Whatever I did, it worked. Maybe I should have the auto-lock disabled?
Instructions on how to do that are in your owner's manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.