Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, posting up here to start an intro thread. I'm looking to get into a 1.5 gen CRV. I've been a parts guy at a Honda dealership for the past 6 years or so, and have driven a few TLs and older Civics, but my heart has mainly been with the Toyota 4runner. I've had two 3rd gens and a 4th gen. But I'm in a spot where I have to downsize a bit and make some better MPG, so I've got my eyes set on a 98-01 CRV. Coming from the business, I know they're rock solid. I'm joining the forum to learn the ins and outs a bit more and hopefully find one pop up for sale. Dumb question...I'd like the seats to fold down, and from what I'm seeing, thats on an EX model only? Any info, pointers or anything would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Fold down, or fold flat?

In the EX models it was possible to raise the bottom of the rear seats so they aligned better with the fully reclined front seat, making a reasonably comfortable bed.
It's in the Owners Manual on pages 81 and 82. You do have to remove the front seat headrests.
And yes, I slept a night in my 1999 EX that way.

You can also fold the rear seats forward, by first lifting up on loop at the junction of the bottom and back of the rear seat, so that seat bottom Folds forward and sits vertically at the back of the front seats. You can then fold the rear seat backs forward so they're flat against the area the seat bottoms were just in. It creates a flat cargo area from the tailgate to where the rear seat bottoms are folded vertically.
It's in the Owners Manual on pages 82 and 83. For this fold you have to remove the rear seat headrests.

I would look at 1999, 2000, and 2001 CR-Vs. They have a slightly more powerful engine, and a few other things the earlier models don't.
And of course the maintenance history is important because of the valve tightening issues with the B20 engines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info everyone. I just picked up a 2000 EX in Milano red (hasn't faded to pink yet!) with 182k on it. Runs great, not a whole lot of rust, clean interior. Taking it camping this weekend, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone. I just picked up a 2000 EX in Milano red (hasn't faded to pink yet!) with 182k on it. Runs great, not a whole lot of rust, clean interior. Taking it camping this weekend, looking forward to it.
Welcome! Nice CR-V! I always liked the RED, it was not available in '97 when we bought our first 'V.

Have LOTS of fun with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.