Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall! Im Eric From North Carolina. Ive Been a long time lurker to the forum and got a lot of useful knowledge from here so I decided to join up.
I own a 2003 Honda CR-V that was bone stock when I got it. It has about 90K on the clock at that time. It was previously owned by 2 other people and Im the 3rd owner. Check out my garage for more info on my "V" and if anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome Craig :)
Yeah, she had low miles when I got it... she's got 240 k now :( but she's my daily driver . I travel about 55 miles one way to work daily and been to the beach and mountains several times.
I had a 88 Civic with 450k... I traded a old 4 tube cb radio amplifier for, guy said it would crank and run but if ya turn it off, it wouldn't crank till it cooled down. I got it and spent $4 on it for a starter relay..lol. .I drove it till it had 689k miles and then traded it for some tree work at the house.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,640 Posts
superbazooka About time you join up!! Ha! Glad to have you with us and look forward to your input. From your mentioned experiences you know what you are doing and should be able to help other members here. It is amazing to me how the quality still shows thru on Honda CR-Vs older models. We would love to see your vehicle pictures posted in the threads too. Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great work and welcome! Can you tell me a little about the Depo headlights? Are they easy to aim? I read a while back about moisture problems, is that a thing of the past? Thanks for the pics.
Thanks! Well, they are IMHO not high quality, but the average "Joe Publuc" knows that ;) .
Don't get me wrong, they are decent, but as far as aiming them...mmmmm...that's my downfall with them. You can only adjust the height of the lights. Like the projectors on each side, you turn a Philips head screw to aim them higher or lower and the same for the high beam lights.
I set my low beams the projectors where I had a nice cut off line at about 40 feet, then ever so slightly aimed the left or drivers side down a hair. They high beams, I adjusted them level at about 75 feet.
I never had any moisture get into mine or sweat or any condensation. I even have the rubber boot that covers the bulb locations modified for my LED bulbs. I drilled holes in it for ventilation for the fans on the bulbs.
Was thinking about getting another set and taking these and cooking them in the oven to open them up and install DRL less or halos or some of both.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
superbazooka About time you join up!! Ha! Glad to have you with us and look forward to your input. From your mentioned experiences you know what you are doing and should be able to help other members here. It is amazing to me how the quality still shows thru on Honda CR-Vs older models. We would love to see your vehicle pictures posted in the threads too. Cheers!
Yeah, I said the same thing..lol..
I was debating on spending money on it or not and I said..what the heck.
I have a great wealth of knowledge on vehicles due to my dad.. he was one of the 70's, 80's, and some 90's car salesman, certified ASE mechanic, and service manager with Ford, Toyota, and Honda. So he taught me a lot along the way growing up.
Some of the new fixes and mods are trial and error lol.
:)
Click on my username and go to my garage, I have some pics there but I'll post more this weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Any pics? Happy Motoring!

Yeah I have a few in other post or click on "Garage" in any of my post where my screen name is..last word highlighted in blue. I have some pics in there :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.