Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
So what will shipping cost me from Queensland?
I've found a few places in Australia that sell lift kits but none of them ship to the states.

·
Registered
36 Posts
this one ships to the US, i found it on a local offroading site. im waiting for a email back from them
Did you ever find out about that lift kit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont see what the problem is here finding lift springs.Pick up the phone and call ARB USA in renton wa.They have in stock OLD MAN EMU lift springs for every generetion. We have them on our 99 first gen as well as our 08 3rd gen.Go hack I believe I have sent you all the info on this its rite down the road from your house.I see no reason to pay ridicoulous shipping when a guy could take a 20min drive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont see what the problem is here finding lift springs.Pick up the phone and call ARB USA in renton wa.They have in stock OLD MAN EMU lift springs for every generetion. We have them on our 99 first gen as well as our 08 3rd gen.Go hack I believe I have sent you all the info on this its rite down the road from your house.I see no reason to pay ridicoulous shipping when a guy could take a 20min drive.
I'm new to this so forgive me, but when i go to the arbusa website they only list first gen lift stuff. what am i missing?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm new to this so forgive me, but when i go to the arbusa website they only list first gen lift stuff. what am i missing?
Companies dont always list their old stock. If they haven't sold anything for an older vehicle, they will pull it off the site and the only way they will sell it is if someone calls and asks for it specifically.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Companies dont always list their old stock. If they haven't sold anything for an older vehicle, they will pull it off the site and the only way they will sell it is if someone calls and asks for it specifically.
I don't follow your logic. I'm saying they ONLY list something they carry for an older vehicle and not a newer model. kinda opposite of what you are saying.

to clarify: how does one know there are OME lift kits for 2nd or 3rd gen CRVs?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been searching this forum for like 2 hours trying to find this thread again, thank god I'm finally here haha!

Decided I want to level out my V. I just can't stand the lower back end any more. I donno maybe I'm just weird but the front end being higher seems so wrong to me visually.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I never noticed the back end being lower, I'll have to really go look at mine. I emailed dobinson awhile ago and never heard back. I'm going to start blowing up their email this week starting monday and hopefully hear something back. I'm putting tires with a 2" diameter increase on soon so that'll be a 1" lift plus the 40mm lift springs these guys have should put me at over 2.5" total lift. Maybe finally up to pickup truck level lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I emailed them probably a year ago and got a response reasonably fast, however I was discouraged by the shipping costs. I can't remember exact pricing but shipping was going to be more than the cost of the springs themselves.

EDIT: I found the email in my inbox, the estimated costs for just a pair of rear "leveling" springs was $103 US for the springs and $119 for shipping, for a total of about $222 US. Needless to say it was a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I've had some trouble finding anything else. I've heard some of this Old Man Emu kit but it's been tough to find out anything for a 2nd gen V.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Call ARB USA and ask them. Apparently they don't have them listed but they have springs for the G2 still in stock. Heck I'm pretty sure G3 springs would work, I can ask my Honda tech if G3 springs are compatible with G2 springs and find out tonight actually... I know ARB USA has G3 springs left still... If stock is compatible those would be too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From the looks of it ARB only offers 1 inch lift kits though. But from what I've seen on other threads, OME offers 1.75 inch up front in front and 2 inch in back. So if I were to go with the biggest kit, it would be the OME, right? Also, does anyone know if BDS still sells the 1st gen lift kits? I know they haven't offered them on their website for quite sometime now but I read a couple threads saying if you just call them up then they'll sell them to you. But those threads were from 2008 so it could have changed by now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm currently in contact with Dobinson Springs' internatonal sales guy and it's going to be a biotch to ship them... Airmail is out of the question at like $600+ AUD. HOWEVER, I've been to Australia and I've shipped packages back to the states via ships. Takes about 8 weeks but then shipping would only be $200 AUD according to Dobinson and I think I'd rather wait the 2 months than pay 3x shipping. Probably be like $300-$400 USD all told for 4 of their 40mm Gen 2 lift springs and an 8 week wait.

Just have to decide wth I'm doing now. I may just try to source body lift spacers for a cheap/local/easy solution to my wanting more lift and then I get to keep my stock suspension components.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Decided not to go with Dobinson. I'm going to do what the Element guys do and use spacers to get another 1-2". I'd like it to be slightly higher in the back by like 1/2".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Scotty,

Let me know how that works out for you. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a .75" rear leveling kit from ARB/OME but I'm hesitant since I don't know if it will retain the current ride or not. I do want something a bit stronger though, so I suppose that I may have to sacrifice some ride quality to do so.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Honestly one of the only reasons I'm not going with non-OEM springs on my DD is because every experience I've ever had with aftermarket springs has been either MEH or "holy crap this handles great but is hell to drive daily". My Cobra has HR reds and Bilsteins and while it rocks on smooth roads and looks spectacular, driving it an hour one way to work over the roads in NJ every day would destroy my back lol.

I will say that getting the lifting pucks isn't at the very top of my "to-do list" but I do want to do it soon since I'd like to be able to put heavy stuff in the back of my V again haha. Right now it ALMOST bottoms out with 4 big guys in it and I can imagine 500lbs of stuff at the very back would make it rub. And I have to figure out the rear suspension geometry and how much I'll actually need as far as the spacer size out back. I know the element guys just use the 1" Tacoma spacer out back and wind up with 3" of rear lift... Yikes!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts