Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Accord 3.5 EX-L Sedan, 2015 CR-V AWD Touring, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E, HPD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at switching phone carriers. I currently have Sprint and have had really good luck pairing an HTC Arrive (WP7) with my 2012 CRV EX-L (no nav). It does everything except send texts and play Pandora. I don't care about Pandora, or music from the phone, since I have an iPod Touch connected via USB. However, I do want the voice, phonebook, and text features (both read and send, if possible).

the handsfreelink.honda.com site was last updated in August of last year. Obviously, there are many new phones since then. In fact, in looking at the Verizon phone list, there are very few phones on the Verizon compatible list that are still sold (at least by Verizon). I only found one decent phone that had green checks on everything for compatibility. Surely there has to be a newer phone that works on all counts. Does anyone here know of newer Verizon phones (not on the current handsfreelink.honda.com list) that are compatible? I would just like some options newer than a Motorola Razr M, which is now about 18 months old.

Any suggestions are welcome, but I would like to know which phones people have actually got to work, especially with two-way texting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like putting the cart before the horse finding a phone to fit a car! I'm in the same boat trying to find an updated Verizon smart phone to pair with a 2013 Honda CR-V EX. My old LG flip phone paired easily when I bought the car. When I spoke to Honda today concerning some of the newer phones, they could not confirm the LG G2, the Samsung S3 & S4 Minis, iPhone 5s & 5c, and the HTC One as working but only generally working as per each manufacturer family. The Honda rep suggested that at the time of phone purchase, pairing the phone to the CR-V should be attempted-- which is much trouble! I really would like to see a standard protocol for all phones and car BT systems. If anyone knows of any relatively new Verizon phones that work well with the 2013 CR-Vs, please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update: After searching this site for ideas, I phoned the local dealer. They troubleshoot phone connectivity on a daily basis every time they sell a car. Was advised by the parts manager the following:

Parts Mgr. owns a new LG G2 and it is connectable; the Samsung S3 Mini and the S4 Mini are also connectable. They have not dealt with an HTC One which was an alternate for me.

I would encourage anyone buying a new smart phone to find out from the local dealer which phone will work and which ones don't. My preference was for the LG G2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.