Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of good information and discussion here about towing capacity and what hitch to use. But I would love some recommendations on what campers you love or use with your cr-v. I've found some rv/camper review sites but other than the one hipster pulling a teardrop with their vw bug, the reviewers mostly have trucks and larger suvs.

I have a 98 v, hoping to get a 2nd generation in the near future. I'm not interested in a soft-sided pop-up b/c there is possibility I would use this for short-term housing and not just recreation.

Any thoughts on brands, models and styles?

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
The problem is the 1000# (older generation) or 1500# (newer generations) towing capacity. There isn't much out there ... teardrops and VERY small pop-ups. Have you considered a truly magnificent tent and a flatbed aluminum trailer to carry it all?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't give up. There are some REALLY REALLY nice tents (think small cottage) that are easily setup. For short term accommodations, they are better in many ways than a trailer. Pair one with a portable shower, a porta-potty, solar hot water heater, folding cot, tent stove, etc. and you would have a VERY nice village with tremendous portability. Not to mention the accessibility - a small aluminum trailer with 12" or 14" tires can go LOTS of places that a small travel trailer can't go. You would invest a whole lot less as well. Look at "wall tents" to get an idea. You can purchase a heavy duty 10' x 12' x 6' (side wall height with a 8' center beam height) for around $800. These are SERIOUS small houses that can handle any weather short of a hurricane, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts