Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm really struggling to find a replacement part for my mk2 cr-v. The crash sensor has been faulty for a while, each time it's replaced it gives another fault. On investigation I'm starting to think it's been replaced with the wrong part in the past.

The model number I have for the sensor that's working on drivers side is 77930-SCA-E910. On the passenger side it's been replaced with 79930-SCA-E812 but that went faulty after a week.

This may seem like a stupid question, but what's the difference between the two? When I search I cannot find the part ending 910 at all. I looked at hondapartsdeals.com but I don't know the trim of my car so I was kind of guessing, but it each case it shows different part numbers.

The car is due an MOT in less than a month and won't pass if I can't get this fixed. I even contacted honda directly who won't make the part unless they can get enough orders for it.

Any advice welcomed!

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Not sure about the UK model, but the Japanese model for N. America has the same front crash sensor on the left as it does on the right. You have a post in another thread and I asked for the exact SRS trouble code. That will help a lot. As is the case with general DTCs on any car, it will give you a code number and title, but that doesn't mean "go replace that part". It means that part's system is having an issue, which you then need to figure out/diagnose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts