Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
I bought 2 from ebay....had to wait about 2 1/2 weeks for delivery, but they fit really tight. When I purchased mine, they were $1.75 with free shipping, but now the ones I bought have delivery charge. You'll find them all over ebay at different prices and in different colors. Some are made so that they just cover the black part of the fob; the ones I purchased come all the way to the end to include cut-outs for a key ring. The other thread listed by stevevt also shows some you can buy at the dealer, but I felt they were overpriced for what you got.

These are the ones I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/252670215692?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=551601977153&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased these from Amazon. They fit, feel and look great. System won't let me post a link, so search Amazon for this:

2Pcs Coolbestda Silicone Smart Key Cover Shell Case Keyless Entry Holder for 2015 2016 2017 Honda CIVIC ACCORD PILOT CR-V 5 Buttons Smart Key Blue Black

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is there any reason to buy a key fob cover if you are the only one in the household that is driving as I assume the main reason is to identify which is #1 and #2? Or does one also want to protect the key fob?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Is there any reason to buy a key fob cover if you are the only one in the household that is driving as I assume the main reason is to identify which is #1 and #2? Or does one also want to protect the key fob?
The fob cover is made out of silicone and is not slippery -- which the slick fob would be with moisture. Others have stated that different colors would immediately identify Fob 1 and 2.

As far as Fob 1 or 2, is that a specific thing to Touring models? Someone on another post mentioned they were marked, but mine are not, but I have the EX.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The fob cover is made out of silicone and is not slippery -- which the slick fob would be with moisture. Others have stated that different colors would immediately identify Fob 1 and 2.

As far as Fob 1 or 2, is that a specific thing to Touring models? Someone on another post mentioned they were marked, but mine are not, but I have the EX.
I don't know. Are there two seat memories on the non-Touring models? If not then Fob's marked 1 and 2 would not be required. Here is a close up of what the '2' marking looks like (beside a Canadian Loonie dollar coin). I can hardly read the number when holding it in my hand as it is so tiny so for 2 drivers different coloured key fob covers is a great idea.

20170405-200443.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Already dropped mine twice.. definitely need a key fob protector or cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts
I purchased them because:

1. Can tell the identify the owner from a distance (two colors) - there are several Honda models that use the same FOB
2. Prevent scratches on the FOB and what it might hit
3. Help provide a little protection from water damage (rain)
4. Give it grip - the naked FOB is slippery
5. Protect from getting beat up from an un-named user that throws their keys all over the place
7. Helps soften the sounds anything hitting it while driving (other keys, etc...)

It is kind of like having a case on your new phone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts