Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I actually posted a question (a few threads down) regarding looking for a used 2012-2014 CRV and asked for some tips.

However, I have a similar question regarding a 2011 CRV. I found a good looking 2011 EX on craigslist and the owners is asking $14,300. The car has 63k miles, appears to be in great shape new tires, and the owners says it was very well maintained and always garaged. I know they are the last year before the body switch, so I would think that most of the kinks would be worked out. I also really like this generation's body style.

I am looking for something I can drive until it dies. Would you be comfortable going with this car opposed to a 2013 with <40k miles that would still be under warranty and possibly saving $7-8k?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
776 Posts
That's a question only you can answer in reality !! Mileage on the 2011 ??? CarFax available ?? I know lots of cars avoid reporting to places like CarFax which get their data from insurance companies, I think but it's at least another piece to the puzzle. I bot a 2013 EX last Fall off CL with 21,000 and in perfect shape more on a feeling than anything else. A 50 yr old woman drove it and didn't want to put many miles on so she bot a "work car" for the workplace commute and used this just on weekends and it shows. All service done at the Honda dealer where it was purchased etc etc. It depends on so many variables that in the end, it's your call. If you're having questions, take it to a mechanic and have him check it out for you. Good luck. Craig

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I'd drive either body style. So, as long as you get it checked out and it's good I'd go for whatever is cheaper.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Guys. I actually posted a question (a few threads down) regarding looking for a used 2012-2014 CRV and asked for some tips.

However, I have a similar question regarding a 2011 CRV. I found a good looking 2011 EX on craigslist and the owners is asking $14,300. The car has 63k miles, appears to be in great shape new tires, and the owners says it was very well maintained and always garaged. I know they are the last year before the body switch, so I would think that most of the kinks would be worked out. I also really like this generation's body style.

I am looking for something I can drive until it dies. Would you be comfortable going with this car opposed to a 2013 with <40k miles that would still be under warranty and possibly saving $7-8k?
I would go with the 2011 for a number or reasons unrelated to money. My 2011 LX has 80k miles on it now (bought it new) and it has literally been the most reliable car I've ever owned. The only time it's been in the shop was for a minor warranty recall and the recent airbag recall. During the airbag recall I was given a brand new, as in 0 miles, 2016 CRV EX as a loaner car. After driving it for 1500 miles, I found I did not care for it. It felt cramped, I didn't like the dash layout, and because it sits a bit lower to the ground than than my 2011, I found it not to be as easy to get in and out of (something seniors can appreciate). The vibration problem with the 2012+ CRVs did not manifest while I drove it but there have been enough posts on this subject that I would be leery of getting that generation if I was in the market for a new car.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
The vibration problem with the 2012+ CRVs did not manifest while I drove it but there has been enough posts on this subject that I would be leery of getting that generation if I was in the market for a new car.
Just to correct you it's not a vibration issue with 2012+ it's predominantly 2015's with some 2016 and that's the refresh with the CVT engine which replaced the 5 AT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts