Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Honda CRV EX. I love my old CRV. I am going to be graduating college soon and I was thinking of getting myself a new vehicle as a graduation present. Then I thought, I could just drop a new engine in the CRV, replace and refurbish some other parts, upgrade the interior a bit with a new deck (touch screen) and maybe some other performance mods because I live in Colorado and would like to continue using this vehicle as my truck camper for bow hunting season.

I was just wondering what mods would be recommended and in what order. Additionally, I was wondering what engines other people have dropped into old CRV's?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Unless you've abused the engine by not doing regular oil and filter changes, the K24 engine in your 2002 CR-V will last a long time. The 2002 thru 2006 CR-Vs had K24 engines, so you could potentially use any engine from those years. 2007 through 2014 also had K24 engines, but I don't know how easy it would be to swap them, as there are some differences.

I did a couple of searches, and found a couple of sites that offered rebuilt/remanufactured K24 engines.
Prices start at about US $3,500 plus shipping, and then you'd have to pay someone to swap them.

For that kind of price I'd consider selling the 2002 and buying a newer vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts