Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't paying attention and I didn't have good lighting, so today I removed the center bolt of three on the bottom of the oil pan instead of the correct bolt (drain plug) which is on the driver's side. Can't believe I did that. The bolt was tight, at least as tight as the drain plug, and definitely more than the 8.7 lb-ft used on the oil pan supporting bolts. Does anybody know the torque spec on this center bolt so I can properly tighten it again? I wasn't able to see exactly what the bolt supports but it takes a 17mm socket, just like the drain plug. Thanks!

Text White Line art Line Font

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,643 Posts
Good find and thanks for posting the correct torque. These things can happen easily to anyone. Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wasn't paying attention and I didn't have good lighting, so today I removed the center bolt of three on the bottom of the oil pan instead of the correct bolt (drain plug) which is on the driver's side. Can't believe I did that. The bolt was tight, at least as tight as the drain plug, and definitely more than the 8.7 lb-ft used on the oil pan supporting bolts. Does anybody know the torque spec on this center bolt so I can properly tighten it again? I wasn't able to see exactly what the bolt supports but it takes a 17mm socket, just like the drain plug. Thanks!

View attachment 53034
I've been afraid I'd do the same thing....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I don't know what the bolt is for, but I almost did it again. I've since used a Sharpie pen to draw a big arrow on the oil pan pointing to the correct bolt, and the arrow is still visible after driving the car for almost four more years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.