Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't paying attention and I didn't have good lighting, so today I removed the center bolt of three on the bottom of the oil pan instead of the correct bolt (drain plug) which is on the driver's side. Can't believe I did that. The bolt was tight, at least as tight as the drain plug, and definitely more than the 8.7 lb-ft used on the oil pan supporting bolts. Does anybody know the torque spec on this center bolt so I can properly tighten it again? I wasn't able to see exactly what the bolt supports but it takes a 17mm socket, just like the drain plug. Thanks!

drainplug.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found it -- the bolt next to the drain plug should be torqued to 60 lb-ft. Hopefully this will save somebody else several hour's worth of research.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Good find and thanks for posting the correct torque. These things can happen easily to anyone. Cheers!

·
Registered
439 Posts
We use Fumoto 106N in all our Hondas and Acuras, including our Honda Ridgeline trucks. No tools needed for oil change and no issues on any of our cars and trucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also use the fumoto valve on all 5 of my vehicles, one Accura, 3 Hondas and a Dodge Ram diesel. I is quick and easy, prevents stripped threads

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wasn't paying attention and I didn't have good lighting, so today I removed the center bolt of three on the bottom of the oil pan instead of the correct bolt (drain plug) which is on the driver's side. Can't believe I did that. The bolt was tight, at least as tight as the drain plug, and definitely more than the 8.7 lb-ft used on the oil pan supporting bolts. Does anybody know the torque spec on this center bolt so I can properly tighten it again? I wasn't able to see exactly what the bolt supports but it takes a 17mm socket, just like the drain plug. Thanks!

View attachment 53034
I've been afraid I'd do the same thing....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I don't know what the bolt is for, but I almost did it again. I've since used a Sharpie pen to draw a big arrow on the oil pan pointing to the correct bolt, and the arrow is still visible after driving the car for almost four more years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts