Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Im having a 2008 2.0 Automatic crv with 79000 km.

The car is in a great condition.
if i push the acceleration pedal slightly, the car has power and it accelerate fast but if i push the pedal harder the car losses power and i can feel its not catching up. Its more noticeable after speed bumps or while entering a highway.
I’ve noticed the gear shifts are not as sharp as usual while loss of power.
If i stope for a while the power comes back until the next time i push the car to go. Its very annoying.

I’ve shown the car to honda dealers and they say there is no problem.

Can somebody tells me what the problem is?

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
Honda CRV autotranmission is never a performance gear box, so what you are experiencing when slowing down, and demand for a speed up again, its natural for the gearbox to accelerate at 2nd gear. IF you pedal to the metal, then it should down shift to 1st and accelerate. Inspect the ATF oil condition, if it been awhile(48000km+) or never been replace, I recommend you replace it with new fluid for optimal shift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honda CRV autotranmission is never a performance gear box, so what you are experiencing when slowing down, and demand for a speed up again, its natural for the gearbox to accelerate at 2nd gear. IF you pedal to the metal, then it should down shift to 1st and accelerate. Inspect the ATF oil condition, if it been awhile(48000km+) or never been replace, I recommend you replace it with new fluid for optimal shift.
Hey buddy!
I’ve changed the transmission oil 2 times. I dont have gear change problem. The car loses power when i push it. It feel like a vaccum leak. Even tho i floor it the car has no power. Basically i have to always drive by pushing the acceleration pedal slightly. If i push it more the problem occurs!
Is there any way i can make sure about vacuum leak?

Honda dealer checked the car 3 times. Once with the Diagnose machine. They say the car is healthy!

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
If you suspected vacum leak, take it to mechanic to have them check it out. Need to get a code reader to check if there are code as well, sometime there are codes stored that does not trigger check engine light. I see you mentioned that Honda dealer check with their scanner, but always good to get a second opinion from an independent shop. Not all dealer are the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I change the transmission oil and the air filter.
no difference!!!

i have noticed, the problem comes and goes. Sometime is good and sometimes is bad.
One more thing, when i start the car in the morning ( first start if the day ) the engine starts up with a very tiny hesitation. The rpm comes up to 500 for like 2 seconds and then it goes up to 1500 to warm up the engine.
Is that normal? I’ve had 4 cars before and never experienced this hesitation!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I change the transmission oil and the air filter.
no difference!!!

i have noticed, the problem comes and goes. Sometime is good and sometimes is bad.
One more thing, when i start the car in the morning ( first start if the day ) the engine starts up with a very tiny hesitation. The rpm comes up to 500 for like 2 seconds and then it goes up to 1500 to warm up the engine.
Is that normal? I’ve had 4 cars before and never experienced this hesitation!
Hello - I am now experiencing this exact problem on an automatic 2.0 2006 model. Did. you manage to resolve this issue at all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.