Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
Sounds like something moved. Lets start by removing the plugs as its very difficult to overcome the compression of an engine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got no 1 cylinder to tdc, intake and exhaust cams are only a tooth off, easier than I thought it would be!
"Only" a tooth off? They should be lined-up almost perfectly. There are cam holders which you can stick a 3/16"(?) drill bit into to hold them in place when you remove the TB. I initially didn't know about the cam holders when I started doing my '98's first TB job years ago which made the process kinda frustrating since both cams kept shifting even with the plugs removed..and then someone mentioned the cam holders to me on an online forum. I looked in my FSM and sure enough I found them...went back out to the vehicle and stuck the appropriate sized drill bit into the holes(you have to line the hole in each cam with the hole in the cam holders). It made the entire process much easier.

I should add that they don't even mention anything about the cam holders in the FSM in the TB removal/installation section. I just looked again and they're shown on page 6-31 in the Cylinder Head section.

Just don't forget to remove the drill bits after you install the new TB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the issue was lower down when I started to rotate the engine to tighten the belt, I had both cams locked. I believe it was at the crank gear, have it sorted out now, and am reinstalling the timing belt today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts