Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question about the beeping the car makes. Today, I had all doors shut except the rear passenger door. When I shut it, the car made a series of 5 or 6 quick beep. I am not sure what it was trying to tell me. I am not having luck finding what it means in the manual. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was the engine running at the time?

If you exit the vehicle and close all the doors. it will issue a series of beeps to alert you.

Did you leave your key in the vehicle? Or lights on? That too will cause beeping.

Could also have something to do with auto-locking.

Maybe start here: https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/series-of-beeps-when-exiting-crv.133554/
Thanks, I think it is due to auto-locking. Maybe I am getting out of the car and moving away too fast.

·
Registered
415 Posts
most likely it lost track of your fab.... so it is telling you it will not auto-lock/still unlocked. I actually like this feature. Just go back to the front door and touch the door knob to lock it (instead of taking out your fob).
it does that also when you leave the car (your fab is with you) while it is still running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts