Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Arizona. Went up to the mountains a couple weeks ago. The temperatures were in the high 30's. The fan started
humming. It's not real loud but loud enough to be not right. I have a 2017 Touring with 28000 miles. Anyone else have any problem
like this?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you changed the cabin filter? I've had a few vehicles start whistling or making new noises when the filter starts getting plugged up and choke the fan. Also might try and sneak a picture through the slot at the blower fan while you have the cover off to see if anything is lodged in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you changed the cabin filter? I've had a few vehicles start whistling or making new noises when the filter starts getting plugged up and choke the fan. Also might try and sneak a picture through the slot at the blower fan while you have the cover off to see if anything is lodged in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had all ready checked out the filter and it is clean - I change that myself. I ended up taking it to the dealer since I have two weeks on my original 3 year new car warranty.
The dealer checked it and replaced the blower motor. It's quiet again, just like new. All at no charge, covered under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,017 Posts
and did you checn beyong the filter in the fan itself, using your smartphone. Engine and Key OFF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts