Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above. I drove through a deep puddle, nearly top of the tyres. After that, I have had a really loud whistle as soon as I touch the accelerator all the way through the Rev range. Thought it may have been because the belt got wet. It’s not. Been around 3 weeks since it happened. I have checked all of the pipes in case I knocked one loose. Totally stumped now. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Interesting problem. I've not heard this one before. Be sure to keep us posted on how this one works out. I would focus on trying to narrow down exactly where the sound is coming from first, then proceed from there. Never a good idea to drive through water that deep.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have tried all of that. Still no difference weeks later. I’m starting to think it could just be total coincidence & am looking at the PCV valve. But I cannot find it. It is the 2.2cdti 2007

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have checked every pipe. More than once. Just spoken to a Honda mechanic & he seems to think it’s the turbo. Pretty bad coincidence if it is. No loss of performance or black smoke & it’s been a few weeks since it happened

1 - 7 of 7 Posts