Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the vehicle about mid-April and just put the 1,000th mile on it yesterday. My experience has been most enjoyable. The first day (night) I got to experience the LED Headlights and the Auto High Beam feature. The area where we live is hilly, with lots of curves and few, if any streetlights. The LED's did a very good (not great) job of lighting up the road, but adaptive headlamps would be even better. The auto high beam feature is excellent and a real stress reducer.
Yesterday, I got to drive in monsoonal type rains at highway speeds and I never felt as though I was going too fast for conditions. The auto windshield wiper is also a nice feature and it turns on the headlights if it makes more than just one or two swipes.
The LKAS keeps me on my toes, although sometimes it tells me I've crossed the line when I haven't. Still getting used to the auto speed reduction when in cruise-control mode following another vehicle.
Would really like to have the seat bottom extend another couple of inches for added support for my upper legs, but the seat is very comfortable otherwise.
All-in-all, I am loving the ride!

·
Registered
167 Posts
We have a 2018 AWD Touring and love it. No problems. You mentioned Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). I also still find that sometimes when coming up behind a truck on the interstate, I wait until I get close enough to pull out for my pass, then realize I'm not getting any closer, and my speed has dropped from 70 to 60 :)

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! I had that experience the first day with the ACC! The Honda salesrep had set it and I forgot about it. We were following traffic with the speed limit at 65, which is what I had set the Cruise to. All of a sudden, while going downhill and into a curve, my speed drops from 65 to 60 and then 50. I hit the Cancel button and pass the slower traffic, hit Resume and about 5 minutes later run into some more traffic and the same thing happens. Then it dawned on me what was happening. Too many new things to comprehend for this old brain, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts