Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What you are describing is actually not legal under federal safety requirements for windshields.. so you are either going to have to show photographic proof, or there is simply no reason to believe what is being stated here.

It is not even legal to do such a split tint, after market, either.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have supplied so many pictures to Dealership owner & staff, Lemon Law Attorney, and personal attorney. Dealership reported to Honda Motors "there are no recalls and lights meet federal safety requirements " (although the headlights are only rated Acceptable vs. Good) and therefore the car is fine. Lemon Law Attorney said "the rock that shattered the original windshield caused undetected headlight damage and therefore no proof" (huh?). Also I don't have enough documented work orders (because not all the attempts to diagnose and adjust the headlight problem were documented), My attorney says "Get an independent opinion from a high-end/
foreign/classic auto service center."
There is no "split tint". The windshield is clear until the upper half starts turning black at sundown. Honda says all their windshields have one tint which is green. All I know for certain is I am cursed with this car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
2014 CRV brother in NY bought used.
Low beams don’t project forward.
Black or very dark windshield from 1/2 way to top.
Garage adjusted lights no results.
Looks like design of hoodline cuts off full light projection????
Oh my gosh! I am going thru this very same problem with a brand new CRV-EX and everyone thinks I am the problem until I convince them to drive it themselves at night! Then I'm advised to return the car to Honda for one without the "defect"! That's much easier said than done! I've been denied by my dealership, American Honda Motors, and a lemon law attorney. (Although the dealership is happy to sell me another dud!)
I'll follow your posts for any satisfaction you might receive from other forum folks! Good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you turn off the instrument panel and info screen lighting do you still see a line? Totally dark inside, headlights on outside. (Turn the Trip Odo stem all the way counter clockwise, and set the center display on night.) Are you just seeing interior ambient light causing a reflection of the dashboard into the glass? No issues at all on ours, or I'm not focused on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Not a reflection; not a tint; top half of windshield just goes totally black. As soon as I can get the attention of a busy 7 yr old, I'll post a picture. Otherwise, I'm permanently lost in a cloud on my I-phone! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine is fine but check this old post, guy was able to have dealer replace windshield and other poster noted what you see

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm pretty sure what Disgusted is experiencing is the difference between a projector verses reflector headlights. Where the reflector headlights are kind of like a shotgun pattern compared to the sharp cutoff due to the shutter in the projector headlight

·
Registered
2 Posts
Am I the only owner of a new 2019 Honda CRV-EX-L who feels unsafe driving at night due to headlight problems?
I purchased my new vehicle in June. (Previously leased the 2016 model for 3 years from same dealer and LOVED it!). I live in a rural area and am accustomed to frequent long distance night driving depending on safe headlight performance. However, in low beam mode on a dark night, my vision with this vehicle is limited to a "sliver" toward the bottom of the windshield, while the remainder of the glass turns black. The dealer has replaced the windshield, calibrated the security/sensor system and adjusted the headlights at least once to no avail. The dealership owner admitted to the defect in person and instructed the salesman to "make it right", but then denied it when American Honda Motors made their inquiry. He and the general manager (his son) and service manager have denied any responsibility to me stating the headlight system meets Honda required performance standards and there are no recalls for this issue. I have been informed by AHM that my case with them has been closed as they must always respect their dealers' decisions. I have exhausted options to repair or replace the car and am now a fugitive in my country home after sundown. Has anyone shared this or a similar experience and do you have any information to "shed some light" on what options I may have? The dealer has offered to replace my car if I pay almost $4000 in addition to the original purchase of this 5-month-old disappointment.
I have a 2014 CRV and have the same problem. Sometimes I think my lights are not even on.

·
Registered
118 Posts
All I know for certain is I am cursed with this car.
Where are you located? Is it AWD? I have a friend who might be interested in purchasing it from you, pissy headlights and distorted windshield and all. Is there anything else wrong with it he should know about? ;) Based on your posts, it seems like you're an even better nitpicker than I am. :LOL: And I mean that in the friendliest way possible, from one malcontent to another. I simply want to provide him as much information as possible when I suggest to him that buying it might be a good idea, assuming you're willing to sell. Any problems with the head unit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Where are you located? Is it AWD? I have a friend who might be interested in purchasing it from you, pissy headlights and distorted windshield and all. Is there anything else wrong with it he should know about? ;) Based on your posts, it seems like you're an even better nitpicker than I am. :LOL: And I mean that in the friendliest way possible, from one malcontent to another. I simply want to provide him as much information as possible when I suggest to him that buying it might be a good idea, assuming you're willing to sell. Any problems with the head unit?
Thank you, but this issue is too serious to pass on and as of yesterday the vehicle has decided to stop in zero traffic at the bottom of a hill at 10 am. Our 2017 F250 is going to have to do double duty until Honda issues the recall.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thank you, but this issue is too serious to pass on and as of yesterday the vehicle has decided to stop in zero traffic at the bottom of a hill at 10 am. Our 2017 F250 is going to have to do double duty until Honda issues the recall.
Sorry to hear that. Do you know why it wouldn't move? It doesn't sound like a poorly manufactured windshield and woefully dim headlights would cause the car to break down during daylight hours.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts