Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2 month old CRV EX-L is only getting 23.3 mpg. North Texas. All use is short distance, in town, stop and go. Climate control is always used. Hancock tires. Any ideas why our mpg is so low?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2 month old CRV EX-L is only getting 23.3 mpg. North Texas. All use is short distance, in town, stop and go. Climate control is always used. Hancock tires. Any ideas why our mpg is so low?
I have a similarly aged CRV that is getting 25.7 mpg but that is with 75% highway miles. I am hoping there is a significant improvement in a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
highway driving means sitting at constant speed (highway driving in the city isnt highway FYI if theres traffic where your speed keeps changing).

mid 20s with everything being turned on that's actually pretty good. mostly short trips is the worst possible thing for both fuel economy and engine life of a vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
One key word in your driving scenario/description that kills mpg is....."stop" or stopped. While stopped (engine running), you are getting ZERO mpg. Not much you can do about it but jack rabbit starts from a stop don't help.

The hyper milers look far ahead for red traffic lights and coast to the light. While coasting to the light, your mpg is well over 80 (try coasting a little sooner).....while stopped, it's zero. More 80 mpgs and less zero mpgs in the average will bring your stop & go mpg up. Try it.:nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts