Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Removed

Delete the thread thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
Those little pumps are good as a last resort but are slow and quickly overheat.

Pretty sure there's no air pressure indication on the 5th gen CRV. That first view you looked at magnitude of engine power applied to each wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope that pump has been with me for many years they do not over heat, if so then the fuse would blow at he pumps end first. I was going to get my bike hand pump and yes pump it up.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nope that pump has been with me for many years they do not over heat, if so then the fuse would blow at he pumps end first. I was going to get my bike hand pump and yes pump it up.
It's nice your's hasn't been hot. For me, the heat wasn't from excess current, it was generated from cylinder friction over time. They are air cooled via metal fins. I've seen the plastic clad covering melt.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I should add, the owner's manual will normally tell you not to run it beyond a certain time limit. I would think it would be much less than 15 mins. Maybe that's why your's needs to be replaced. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts