Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Low sound volume on back doors

498 6
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if it's normal that passengers on the back seats tell me that there is almost no sound in their 'door' speakers?
If I volume up a lot - they can hear, but mostly sound comes from the front of the car.

I've got 2018 CR-V Touring.

Thanks for help!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok I will test it out, I've tried to adjust balance but that's not a problem, once changed only left/right speaker was working, I'll try to check fade, I don't remember this option TBH.
My CR-V is a Canada-produced version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if it's normal that passengers on the back seats tell me that there is almost no sound in their 'door' speakers?
If I volume up a lot - they can hear, but mostly sound comes from the front of the car.

I've got 2018 CR-V Touring.

Thanks for help!
yes it's normal... back doors speakers will produce less sound but nothing near to "No sound".

Changing the fade and balance settings wont make a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well at least I have got confirmation that it’s not only my concern, it
Doesn’t bother me as I’m the driver however family from the back said that they mostly can hear the music from the front, surprised more because it’s touring with famous “9 premium speakers” :D
Will check in Honda hack maybe there’s solution or an app

·
Registered
2012 CR-V EX
30 Posts
Well at least I have got confirmation that it’s not only my concern, it
Doesn’t bother me as I’m the driver however family from the back said that they mostly can hear the music from the front, surprised more because it’s touring with famous “9 premium speakers” :D
Will check in Honda hack maybe there’s solution or an app
See my thread here:

Honda does this on purpose. Regardless of the generation or model. They have intentionally limited the power output to the rear speakers in their cars for a while now, and I found that after adding an amplifier, the rear speakers still sound weak. I've recently discovered that there are line out converters (needed to add an amplifier to a factory radio) that also provide a voltage signal boost. This could be the fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts