Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Not-a-Mechanic
365 Posts
Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has found a better solution.
Can the system be disabled?
We have a 2011, if I walk in and ask them to do all 4 what will it cost?

UPDATE: My system settled down and is now working correctly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I made a post on another thread about my problems with my 2017 CR-V. After about 1100 miles, I had to replace one tire (nail in the sidewall) and the TPMS has been on since. I reset and reset and reset, all to no avail. The problem for me is that the new tire is unworn, and therefore slightly larger than the original three. That makes the rotational speed different enough to set off the system. The TPMS needs a re-design.:mad:

·
Registered
164 Posts
What's even more maddening about these units is that the Car Manufacturers have turned it into a way to have Dealers make money. Many of the New cars make it a dealer reset only. You put Snows on your car for the winter... Light is on and the Car Owner cannot reset. Go back to Summer tires. Go Visit the Dealer. SCAM! How about we drivers just be responsible enough to see a low tire on your own car. Easy. It has worked for 100 years. A few Ford Explorer rollovers and now everyone has this added expense of these Valves and all the added frustration that goes with them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wanna suggest you guyz regarding Tire pressure Monitoring system:
If your vehicle’s tire pressure becomes radically low, the low tire pressure indicator comes on and a message appears on the multi-information display.

You have to asap stop your vehicle in a safe place. Check the tire stress and adjust the force to the particular level.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts