Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking on howto reset the tire pressure light indicator on a 2013 Honda CRV EX. There isn't the reset press button on the dashboard or is there anything in the display screen.

I have pressed via some key on the steering wheel in the past but not sure what it was any help would be great on this!

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,499 Posts
What country are you from? Your profile doesn't have any information. TPMS vary on countries for the 2013 model.
Also is the low pressure light on or the TPMS light on?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Ok, not sure about models in Canada. But in the US the TPMS for the 2013 uses a direct measurement system, where pressure sensors are in the tire. In this case there is no calibration and if a properly inflated tire is reading low you need to have the sensor replaced. In 2014 the USA CRV's went with an indirect TPMS which requires periodic calibration. Here is a youtube for calibrating the indirect system on the vehicles setup to recalibrate using the steering wheel controls, Canadian 2013 CRV's may have gone with the indirect system, in which case calibration may be the same. Some vehicles have a pushbutton located above your left knee. Push and hold this button until the low pressure light flashes twice
https://youtu.be/CPkg_eTJL6I

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate the help. Tried looking in the display and nothing there I have photos I'll attach them once I get home. Last year I had the same issue when I I talked my winter tires and there was a key sequence I pressed.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Just checking, do you have a pushbutton with the symbol of a cross section of a tire located just above your left knee?

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
502 Posts
With the direct system tpms light goes off by itself once correct pressure is regain. It may take 30min of driving up to the next day. I've seen it every year in my 08 CRV when I had to swap between winter and summer tires. Just make sure your pressure is correct with a good quality dial or digital gauge.
Those cheap pen style stick is not accurate. The tpms battery inside the wheels lasted about 6 years in our 08 crv. After that you need to get it replaced with new tpms sensors to shut off the tpms light.
My 16 CRV has the indirect system and has a tpms reset button. There is no sensors or battery to replace.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yep, I download his owners manual for the Canadian 2013 CRV and it is a direct TPMS system. No recalibrate function exists. My guess he has a sensor bad/dead battery, and needs to replace and register the sensor with a scan tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts