Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed my driver side headlight not coming on a couple times, and when I went to remove the socket, basically jiggled it, it came back on. I'm guessing that's a wiring or connector issue. It just happened again, but wouldn't come back on, so I went to O'Reilly's and the guy there looked at it, and noticed the bulbs are 2 prong, but the connectors are 3 prong. When he looked in the computer, my yr/mk/mdl showed a 1 prong bulb... I really don't know what this means, because my lights have pretty much been working fine.

On my way home, I turned on my highbeams to be able to see better, and the driver side light came on, I tried it a few times and it's coming on, highbeam only.

2005 CRV, AWD

Any help of where to start would be appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,178 Posts
Your vechical uses a H1 bulb for both the low and high beam. Don't worry if you don't understand 1,2,3 prong, neither does the guy at O'Reilly. The O'Reilly guy is confused by the socket that the bulb plugs into one side and the wiring connector plugs into the other side. From what you describe it sounds like the socket is flaky or loose wiring at the plug connector. You can replace the socket, it is part #3 in the link provided

See the youtube video for how to replace the H1 bulb and notice the three separate parts...bulb, socket and plug connector.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
Thank you very much! That's very helpful! Going to tackle it tomorrow, will update.
your CRV has 2 low and 2 high separate bulbs right ? sounds like your describing a 9003/H4 which would be 2002-2004 just based on you said the bulb lights on high,but the 05-06 H1 4 bulb setup does have 2 prongs 1 is neg. 1 pos. the bulb has 1 prong and plugs into the adapter and the ground is the base of the H1 ,a lot of the time just jiggling the bulb will temporarily make the filament connect until the bulb is disconnected from power/shut off or another possibility is the socket/adapter is charred from the heat and needs to be replaced if it cant be cleaned up and lubed with dielectric grease,https://www.amazon.com/Halogen-Headlight-Socket-replaces-33116-SD4-961/dp/B07K1G49YX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts