Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am curious what the lowest price you have paid for a Sirius XM Subscription.

I have heard reports of $3.20 per month for a whole year.

What is lowest price you have paid for a SiriusXM subscription?

·
Registered
2022 CR-V touring Hybrid
235 Posts
Last time I renewed my normal sub, I paid $30 for 6 months. When that ends, I let my sub expire and then a month or two later, they offer the $30 deal again. Or, call to cancel and they offer 2-3 months free.

I remember when buying a new car gave you a free year of XM back around 2006.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cancelled my subscription a couple of weeks ago. They offered 6 months for $30, sames as the last couple of years, wouldn't offer 12 months at that monthly rate. One week later I got an email offering 12 months for$60 and an offer for a free gen 3 echo dot. I took the bait. Received the dot from Amazon less than a week later.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
While I never subscribe to the service myself... I have noted.. for the last 3 Hondas that we have owned that have the feature native..... if you wait patiently.. they will keep sending you better and better deals.

$30 for 6 months or $60 for 12 months appears to be the most common "floor price" offer from them in my experience. So it appears that Sirius considers effectively $5 per month to be their lowest discount in most cases. Of course you will not get offered that low price on a renewal.. you likely will have to let it expire and let them get a bit desperate with the offers first. :)

Way back in 2013... the Honda dealer we were purchasing an Accord from advised to wait patiently and not jump on the first few offers from Sirius. He stated that in his experience they are so desperate for subscribers that they will deeply discount their initial rates if you simply ignore them for a while.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cancelled my subscription a couple of weeks ago. They offered 6 months for $30, sames as the last couple of years, wouldn't offer 12 months at that monthly rate. One week later I got an email offering 12 months for$60 and an offer for a free gen 3 echo dot. I took the bait. Received the dot from Amazon less than a week later.
Interesting. I guess I'll just cancel after this next round and wait for the email!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
They are offering me $5 a month for a year and a free echo dot.

I won't ever subscribe again myself to play their games.

Currently free till July 6th !!

Enjoy SirusXM on your phone, online and at home (on your FREE Echo Dot), as well as in your car. Hear 100+ ad-free Xtra music channels, watch SiriusXM video and more online and on the app.
Save 70% for a whole year.

Listen Free Now Thru July 6
Enjoy 100+ channels of our entertainment in your car, on your phone, and at home during Free Listening. Your summer drives will feel – and sound – even better. There’s no need to sign up, no credit card, and no commitment required.

Available on inactive satellite radios. Satellite and outside-the-car lineups vary slightly. (Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the Free Listening channels.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts