Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

08.18Am in South Africa vs 01:05Am in the US:)

I own a 2006 second generation CRV 2.0L and stumbled accross this site whilst looking for an answer to a question that has been hounding me these last few days -

"Where did they hide the engine number (the one stamped into the block) and what must I disassemble in order to view it?"

Tried searching the site for an answer but without success. Probably my fault as I am still new here and need to find my feet around the site. In the meantime if anyone is able to point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Looking forward to spend some time here and learning more of the CRV

Cheers

·
Registered
675 Posts
welcome to the forum

Are you referring to the vehicle identification number (VIN)?
If you are, then that is underneath the front windshield
with a small window to view on the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
Engine Number

The engine number is located on the front side of the engine block near the starter motor.

I just looked at a CRV in our shop. You can see the tranny number with out removing anything. It is a tough call but i think if you pull the air intake tube off the throttle body you may be able to see the engone number.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engine number

I took the car to my local Honda dealer and asked him to show me the stamped engine number.

As Lizzurd said - standing in front of the car it is located just below the throttle body that bolts on to the engine which, together with the air intake tube, makes it impossible to see. Actually when you peer through the small square in the plastics located next to the bonnet release lever, you are able to see a few digits of the number at an angle.

To me this is somewhat less than intelligent from Honda. I will be crossing a few international borders soon on a holiday trip and VIN and Engine number verifications are commonly carried out. Honda should know that this is true for most countries.

I insisted that the dealer give me a letter to the effect that the engine number is not visible without removing the throttle body and will take that with me on my travels. If that fails I will be dissasembling throttle bodies in 38 degrees (C) plus weather at border posts.

Thanks for the replies guys. I searched the Net for hours without much success. Gonna enjoy this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.