Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I've been creeping on this board for a while and decided to finally make a profile.

In my free time I like to go fishing in remote places and driving thru the dark night with the stock headlights was getting dangerous because of all the deer we encountered.

I couldn't find any information regarding the HID install in a reflector and what they looked like.
The 6000k kit I bought from performance improvements was really high quality and it also came with a cut off shield underneath the bulb. I wish I would of taken a pic of it before the install.

There is a cut off line and it's aimed perfectly at just above the licence plate but below the top of the trunk of the car in front.

I also went ahead and did the fog lights which I never use in the city, but the country roads that don't have any street lights and a ton of deer frolicking.

I have a few questions.
What is the biggest rim that i can put on this puppy without sacrificing ride quality?? I don't want to venture into 20" but I think 18 or 19" would look amazing.

Is there a grill/rad protector out there. I noticed my radiator is vulnerable due to the many openings. I folded chicken wire fence to protect it for the time being and used zip ties to hold it in place.

Thanks
Shompz

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Chicken wire is good to protect the front parts like the radiator & condenser. I would suggest to use Plastic Gutter guard than chicken wire as its less likely to rust & cut into any other parts in the vehicle. When you installed the HID did you use a harness? Let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything was included in the kit. The harness, the brackets and the plastic part that blocked the spectrum and created the sharp cut off line.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
what i mean about the harness is that does the power is fed via a relay or is the power is fed from the socket bulb from the vehicle's oem plug? Let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys
I've been creeping on this board for a while and decided to finally make a profile.

In my free time I like to go fishing in remote places and driving thru the dark night with the stock headlights was getting dangerous because of all the deer we encountered.

I couldn't find any information regarding the HID install in a reflector and what they looked like.
The 6000k kit I bought from performance improvements was really high quality and it also came with a cut off shield underneath the bulb. I wish I would of taken a pic of it before the install.

There is a cut off line and it's aimed perfectly at just above the licence plate but below the top of the trunk of the car in front.

I also went ahead and did the fog lights which I never use in the city, but the country roads that don't have any street lights and a ton of deer frolicking.

I have a few questions.
What is the biggest rim that i can put on this puppy without sacrificing ride quality?? I don't want to venture into 20" but I think 18 or 19" would look amazing.

Is there a grill/rad protector out there. I noticed my radiator is vulnerable due to the many openings. I folded chicken wire fence to protect it for the time being and used zip ties to hold it in place.

Thanks
Shompz
Very interested in your HID setup. So you say this kit came with a cut-off shield. So this will prevent glare to on-coming drivers?

-cW

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep, those are similar to the ones I ordered. They have a special coating on the "hotspots" of the bulb that prevent the glare from reflecting off the bottom of the housings, so we will see how it works with my Xenon Supply Wiring.
Sounds good. You just saved me a lot of $$$. I am going to order these to try out on my halogen housings. Was going to get whole new headlights, but this could work out well.

Saw a youtube video of a Toyota with similar bulbs installed. Seems to work pretty well.

-cW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds good. You just saved me a lot of $$$. I am going to order these to try out on my halogen housings. Was going to get whole new headlights, but this could work out well.

Saw a youtube video of a Toyota with similar bulbs installed. Seems to work pretty well.

-cW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I saw that too. Yeah the Touring Projector headlights are $600, plus I figure if the dealer installs them since you have to remove the front bumper, it'll be close to $1000! Crazy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts