Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It became time to replace my aging 1999 Toyota Sienna van, 229,800 miles later. That car was a gem, and a wonderful vehicle, especially when our daughter was young. We took it everywhere! And plenty of room for my surfboards, bikes, etc.

But repairs kept cropping up and it was getting expensive.

Today, I got my 2014 CR-V, beautiful white, and it now sits parked next to my wife's 2012 red CR-V. As my daughter drives an Accord that makes us a 3 Honda family!

Many thanks to all on this forum who have provided so much great information. Was a big help.

I used the Costco program and got a price a few hundred dollars under what we paid for the 2012 originally. Since taxes have gone up in Calif, we went out the door slightly higher! The Costco deal was 500 under invoice, plus another 500 from the dealer plus a 250 incentive for end of the month/fiscal year bonus.

Of course, didn't get much for the trade in but still happy just the same. Whoo hoo!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Congrats! We hope to have another CRV under our roof when my wife gets one here in a year or two, to park next to my 2007 CRV. Such a fun, cute, utility vehicle.

·
Registered
460 Posts
It became time to replace my aging 1999 Toyota Sienna van, 229,800 miles later. That car was a gem, and a wonderful vehicle, especially when our daughter was young. We took it everywhere! And plenty of room for my surfboards, bikes, etc.

But repairs kept cropping up and it was getting expensive.

Today, I got my 2014 CR-V, beautiful white, and it now sits parked next to my wife's 2012 red CR-V. As my daughter drives an Accord that makes us a 3 Honda family!

Many thanks to all on this forum who have provided so much great information. Was a big help.

I used the Costco program and got a price a few hundred dollars under what we paid for the 2012 originally. Since taxes have gone up in Calif, we went out the door slightly higher! The Costco deal was 500 under invoice, plus another 500 from the dealer plus a 250 incentive for end of the month/fiscal year bonus.

Of course, didn't get much for the trade in but still happy just the same. Whoo hoo!

Are they FWD or AWD? Also it is nice to have a program to buy cars at a good price without having to deal with the headache of trying to negotiate a price at the dealership and salesman.

I want to see pics of them side by side :p

I would be interested if you could tell any difference driving them side by side. One person said that the newer CRV are quieter with more noise insulation?

Also does that mean you plan to keep them for over 10+ years for both or trade one away in a few years. 15 years for one car is above average as most people tend to dump them as soon as they hit 10 years old, or trade them in 5 when the new models come out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pix to follow.

Both are FWD. Here in Socal, not much use for AWD models. Not having to spend time with a sales guy pressuring us was awesome. It helped that we had been through the process before and I had a good idea of what the pricing would be. Could I have negotiated more? Maybe, but not worth the nickel and diming, in my view. Got a cargo tray thrown in for nada anyhow.

We'll hold these cars forever, I'd guess. If the Sienna hadn't starting needing so many little repairs, I would have kept it!

Interestingly, when we traded in my wife's 98 Sienna two years ago, we got about 2K for it (with 180,000) miles. My 99 only garnered $775...oh well. That's the auction market at this moment.

Seems my wife and I always have the same cars!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts