Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil change indicator is on at 15% and now 1O%. The wrench light also is on with the code A3 on. That indicates the transmission fluid needs to be changed according to the manual. But I had my brake fluid and transmission changed with my last oil change in 9/2O18.

My question: Was the transmission fluid really changed, or did the mechanic forget to reset the reminder? And Is there anyway to tell if it has been changed.
I wouldn't think the transmission fluid would have to be charged that often. I don't tally a lot of mileage on my car yearly.

My car is a 2O13 CRV- EXL that I bought in 2O17.

I would be grateful for any assistance in this matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Was the code A3 on when you changed the transmission fluid the last time? If it was not on....then you changed it before it was necessary according to the maintenance monitor. Now the indicator is back on because enough mileage or time has passed for it to be changed not knowing that you already recently changed it .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the code A3 on when you changed the transmission fluid the last time? If it was not on....then you changed it before it was necessary according to the maintenance monitor. Now the indicator is back on because enough mileage or time has passed for it to be changed not knowing that you already recently changed it .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was no indicator, but the dealer had asked me if I wanted to have it changed or did I want to wait till the next go round. In the maintenance papers given at payment, the yellow circle was checked, but changed to Red. I believe now I could have just waited to my next oil change and neither needed to be done.

But shouldn't the mechanic reset the maintenance reminder at that time when and if he did the brake and transmission changes?

·
Registered
257 Posts
There is nothing to reset if the indicator light was not on to start with. I don't believe that they can reset the start point to reflect that you changed it early. In my case I do not follow the maintenance minder at all, however, this does require you to keep good records of all your repair work and be cognizant of when your vehicle will require repairs or fluid changes. For example, I change my oil every 8000 kms and the maintenance minder is usually at 40 - 50% left.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Now you know why I kept traditional records after the first year on our '07 Fit with MM.

If you change things individually (out of sequence) then the MM won't know what is going on. :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for clarifying how the reminders work. But is there a way to tell myself when it needs changing or does it go strictly by miles?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Oil changes can vary with usage. Brake Fluid needs to be replaced every 3 years regardless of mileage.

The other services trigger when the programmed mileage occurs close to an oil change. (So that you don't change the oil and have the Service Wrench illuminate right away...)

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
While there will be those who will disavow it - unless there is a specific problem my recommendation is to follow the maintenance minder.

I once was one who checked under the hood at each gas stop AND changed oil/ filter every 3K miles. No more - and no problems to date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts