Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I changed the oil and oil filter on my 2019 1.5L CRV today. It was at 15% and the A code was showing.

After the oil change I reset the maintenance codes as described in the manual (held down enter for 10 seconds when the maintenance minder was selected). The oil life is back to 100%, but the "B" code showed up, I reset it again and the "A" code returned. I reset it twice more, turning the car off in between and the "A" code remains. I drove it a few kms and have checked the oil level, it's about 3/4 of the way to the max fill line.

Has anyone had this happen before? I'm a bit stumped. Any advice appreciated.

The filter I used was: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/castrol-edge-0w20-synthetic-motor-oil-5-l-0289910p.html
And oil: (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/castrol-edge-0w20-synthetic-motor-oil-5-l-0289910p.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I'm not sure how to delete this, but I've realized that it's showing the NEXT thing due, which would be an oil change once the oil goes down. The "B" was showing that the filter should be changed with the next oil change. I reset that and back to A. Makes sense. So please just ignore this post...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've never used the display to reset the MM. I've always used the Source button and Maintenance Info to reset everything. I noticed that one time, the dealer reset the MM after an oil change, but I still had a tire rotation code. I went into the Maintenance Info and reset the tire rotation. Just make sure you do an oil change along with any maintenance items so that you can reset it all at once.

Reactions: williamsji

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
Well I'm not sure how to delete this, but I've realized that it's showing the NEXT thing due, which would be an oil change once the oil goes down. The "B" was showing that the filter should be changed with the next oil change. I reset that and back to A. Makes sense. So please just ignore this post...
Hehe.. exactly right. (y) And, welcome to the forum. :)

I was just going to post this fact, but I see you have figured it out. :)

Personally, I would not have reset the MM from B to trigger it back to A. That throws the MM cycles out of sync with the vehicles actual monitoring. Probably no big deal regarding oil changes, particularly if you are doing them yourself. But I do not know what effects this may have on the sequencing of other secondary codes. Just something to be aware of and cautious about. I don't recall, but maybe the full owners manual gives more details on this.

Personally, I am a bit surprised Honda lets the owner over-ride the MM prematurely. They do have to give the owner the ability to reset the MM on demand, but they do not really document what secondary effects or issues could be posed by doing so prematurely. I would expect them to have some sort of lockout on it until MM oil life reaches 50% or something like that.... maybe next generation. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Yea I'm regretting doing that reset and maybe throwing things out of cycle. I'm hoping only the oil changes and filter changes go on alternating basis...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts