Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2019 EX...getting acquainted...love it so far.

I notice that, on the maintenance minder menu, it shows the percentage of oil life left. But for all other MM items it doesn't show a percentage...it only allows me to reset. Is there any way to see the percentage (or miles or time) left for other items?

Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not really sure since I too am a new '19 EX owner but I would think that the other items are to be replaced at set mileage intervals. The oil life changes depending on your driving practices. Mine hit 40% at around 5000 miles and it had become stained at about 1000 miles earlier. The oil life reading remained at 50% for quite a while in my V.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing that made me wonder is this note in the owner's manual (p.564):

*4: Driving in mountainous areas at very low vehicle speeds or trailer towing results in higher transmission temperatures. This requires transmission fluid changes more frequently than recommended by the Maintenance Minder. If you regularly drive your vehicle under these conditions, have the transmission fluid changed every 25,000 miles (40,000 km).

It seems to suggest that, if I'm NOT driving under those conditions, the ATF interval will be something other than 25,000 miles.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's my understanding that the universal time to replace trans fluid under "normal" driving conditions is 30K miles and some here have acknowledged this.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Is there any way to see the percentage (or miles or time) left for other items?
No. It adjusts the others to be due when the oil change is due.

It seems to suggest that, if I'm NOT driving under those conditions, the ATF interval will be something other than 25,000 miles.
That is correct. It can't know how much trailer towing you do. If you don't do any, then the maintenance minder's recommendation to change the ATF is the one you want to follow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts