Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Maintenance Minder is currently 70% A 2. The 2 just came on a few hundred miles ago so I bought the two filters involved and replaced them. I have done several MM Resets but they have always been done at the same time as an Oil Change was done. The way things are going that 70% might take several months to work down to an actual Oil Change, so.

Is it possible to remove only the 2 while leaving the 70% A intact?

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,634 Posts
My Maintenance Minder is currently 70% A 2. The 2 just came on a few hundred miles ago so I bought the two filters involved and replaced them. I have done several MM Resets but they have always been done at the same time as an Oil Change was done. The way things are going that 70% might take several months to work down to an actual Oil Change, so.

Is it possible to remove only the 2 while leaving the 70% A intact?
As noted by Traylaw... yes, you can reset specific codes if you performed the appropriate service.

Note: Secondary codes will generally pop early on the MM in most cases... and in most cases do not need to be immediately addressed...rather wait until the MM = 15% for the oil service code. The vehicle does an advance prediction of certain secondary codes and queues them into the MM display in advance. This is most often true for time based maintenance like 3year brake fluid change, air filter changes, other non engine fluid changes that are based on time or miles.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using the same Infotainment Screen – Settings – Vehicle – Maintenance Info. method that I have always used in the past, I took the leap and pressed 2:Air Filters.

Voila: My Maintenance Minder is now showing 70% A

Traylaw; Thanks for giving me the courage to proceed. If it had gone to 100% B, I would have had to keep track of the actual Oil Life on my own, how barbaric.
Williamsji; I just didn’t want that 2 staring at me every time I checked my Wrench for the next several months.

·
Super Moderator
7,634 Posts
Williamsji; I just didn’t want that 2 staring at me every time I checked my Wrench for the next several months.
Heh... stop watching the wrench view. :p It is certainly set up to pop up on your instrument display as soon as the vehicle believes service is required soon/immediately, which is the only time I ever see it.

Anyway.. no harm in switching out the filters early. :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is certainly set up to pop up on your instrument display as soon as the vehicle believes service is required soon/immediately, which is the only time I ever see it.
Not enough for me. I check my MM once a week when I’m logging all the fluid levels under the hood.
Not having to check Power Steering Fluid is a real time saver. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Like All said, Mission impossible , it will not self destruct in 5 seconds

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Resetting the MM for one service also resets the oil life, so do an oil change when you replace the air filters.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Lol good luck on that then.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
This is like, going to the Gas station, and whipping out the Owners manual and writingdown on the spread sheet provided your check list of things. So each time you go to a Station you get out the car, pop the Hood go through your list, Oil, dipstick reads High, need to release Oil, looks over filled, windshield wiper, Low need to fill, nothing else to check, Air filter looks clean , back in the car off you go....

Yes we do log things but more or less no one bothers.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is like, going to the Gas station, and whipping out the Owners manual and writingdown on the spread sheet provided your check list of things. So each time you go to a Station you get out the car, pop the Hood go through your list, Oil, dipstick reads High, need to release Oil, looks over filled, windshield wiper, Low need to fill, nothing else to check, Air filter looks clean , back in the car off you go....

Yes we do log things but more or less no one bothers.
On the other hand, I haven't checked my Blinker Fluid for decades.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
🆆🅴🅻🅻 🅸🆃 🅸🆂 🅻🅸🅺🅴 🆂🅰🆈🅸🅽🅶 🅲🅷🅴🅲🅺 🆈🅾🆄🆁 🆃🅸🆁🅴 🅿🆁🅴🆂🆂🆄🆁🅴, 🅰🅲🅻🅸🅼🅰🆃🅴 🆃🅷🅴 🅲🅰🆁🆂 🅲🅰🅱🅸🅽, 🅰🅳🅹🆄🆂🆃 🆃🅷🅴 🅷🅴🅰🅳🅻🅸🅶🅷🆃🆂 🅰🆂 🆈🅾🆄 🅴🅽🆃🅴🆁 🅴🅲🅷 🆃🅸🅼🅴 🆆🅸🆃🅷 🅳🅸🅵🅵🅴🆁🅴🅽🆃 🅿🅰🆂🆂, 🆆🅷🆈 🅽🅾🆃 🅹🆄🆂🆃 🅷🅸🆁🅴 🆂🅾🅼🅴 🅾🅽🅴 🆃🅾 🅳🆁🅸🆅🅴 🆃🅷🅴 🅲🅰🆁, 🆆🅰🅸🆃 🅸🆂 🅰🅻🅼🅾🆂🆃 🅳🆁🅸🆅🅴🆁🅻🅴🆂🆂

·
Super Moderator
7,634 Posts
Yep, logged in an Excel spreadsheet. Great for spotting variances.
If I tell you why, this thread will be locked or just plain disappear.
You are not wrong here. :)

Personally, I use an old school spreadsheet (a notebook that hangs on a hook in my garage, for both my Hondas with 1.5Ts in them)..and I only record history of one fluid. :D

In earlier generation CRVs.. I also kept an eye on washer fluid... as it tended to go dry between oil changes. But in the gen5s the fluid reservoir is huge and I have yet to run it dry in the three years I have owned my gen5.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
what the old books did the owners manual Lol I might as well converse to my other half

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.