Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does resetting the maintenance minder early for something like an oil change affect other maintenance items? i.e.: I did the first oil change at 6000 miles and reset the minder when the oil looked a little dirty and had diluted a bit although there was still 40% left on oil life. Will this cause all subsequent intervals such as differential and transmission oil changes, brake fluid flushes, or other items to occur early as well? Or does the algorithm for various future maintenance items operate independently?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Does resetting the maintenance minder early for something like an oil change affect other maintenance items? i.e.: I did the first oil change at 6000 miles and reset the minder when the oil looked a little dirty and had diluted a bit although there was still 40% left on oil life. Will this cause all subsequent intervals such as differential and transmission oil changes, brake fluid flushes, or other items to occur early as well? Or does the algorithm for various future maintenance items operate independently?
No, it won't. The system is smart enough to keep track of each of the possible maintenance code progress as you drive and accumulate time/miles.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
If you take note it asks you to reset each or all. so if you want you can force a reset t oall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts