Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Maintenance Minder Reset

1090 6
Does resetting the maintenance minder early for something like an oil change affect other maintenance items? i.e.: I did the first oil change at 6000 miles and reset the minder when the oil looked a little dirty and had diluted a bit although there was still 40% left on oil life. Will this cause all subsequent intervals such as differential and transmission oil changes, brake fluid flushes, or other items to occur early as well? Or does the algorithm for various future maintenance items operate independently?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
10,508 Posts
Does resetting the maintenance minder early for something like an oil change affect other maintenance items? i.e.: I did the first oil change at 6000 miles and reset the minder when the oil looked a little dirty and had diluted a bit although there was still 40% left on oil life. Will this cause all subsequent intervals such as differential and transmission oil changes, brake fluid flushes, or other items to occur early as well? Or does the algorithm for various future maintenance items operate independently?
No, it won't. The system is smart enough to keep track of each of the possible maintenance code progress as you drive and accumulate time/miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.