Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Our first Honda, a 2018 EX or EX-L AWD, 2 years old with less than 15k. The Maintenance Minder is displaying A 6 7. Change brake fluid and rear differential fluid. I called the dealer and they said do to what ever you feel comfortable with. I don't want to void the warranty, but this seems excessive. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Remub40

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had my A67 done on my 2017 AWD Touring about a month ago due to the MM. I just had them do the service to avoid any warranty/extended warranty issues. Better to be safe than sorry but for the price of the service it is really not big deal. Nothing like owning a Land Rover LR3 which was at a whole new level of cost, service, and constant repair. Thankfully the LR3 is long gone.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
87 Posts
I'm real gung ho about changing all fluids. Cheap maintenance when you do it yourself. Has worked for me over 50 years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
New member here. Our first Honda, a 2018 EX or EX-L AWD, 2 years old with less than 15k. The Maintenance Minder is displaying A 6 7. Change brake fluid and rear differential fluid.
Dido ... '18 CRV here with 14,700 miles and my MM is also showing the same A 6 7 code with 40% oil life left.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
First Rear Diff is at 15k (to flush out initial machining crud), every 30k thereafter.

Brake fluid code will appear when the car enters it's 3rd year of service, with the idea it will be done some time that year. This is a normal replacement interval for brake fluid.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,704 Posts
Dido ... '18 CRV here with 14,700 miles and my MM is also showing the same A 6 7 code with 40% oil life left.
The MM pre-loads the next predicted maintenance codes for your next A or B service. It does not mean you need to do them immediately, it is just the MM calculating what service it expects you will require when the next oil service does pop at 15% oil life. Your vehicle, based on your driving history, believes that when your A service pops at 15% it will also be time for your differential and brake fluid changes as well. It's pretty smart in this regard, but it may end up that you will change differential and brake fluids a bit early (or late) if your A service pops early due to lots of miles.

Code 7 is brake fluid change, which Honda requires every 3 years. But Honda also tries to align the various MM codes to coincide with the next A or B service.... to reduce the number of actual visits to the dealer for service.

My 2017 popped a stored predicted 7 code at two years....a full year before my next oil service (my oil times out for age in months, not wear)... and yet it was almost another year before my next oil service popped... so my brake fluid was actually changed at 34 months... which is close enough for me.

Code 6 is miles based and Honda does require the first differential fluid change at 15K miles, and then every 30K miles after that. I have not seen this code come up yet, because I am still just under 10K miles, and I generally go ~3000 miles between oil service.. and the vehicle is smart enough to have figured this out in advance for me... and for the dealer.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,097 Posts
i'm at 24,000... always only got the oil/oil filter, and just recently rec'd oil/brake/engine&cab filters. never rec'd rear diff.
my vehicle is driven about 700 miles a month and parked in a garage. cked cab filter - clean as a whistle (yeah) and will be cking the engine filter this wk.. ** thanks for Fishycomics for his videos.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
2,749 Posts
May 2017 still waiting for the Brake reminder, MM is like a sales pitch. someone programed it.

You maintain your can and how, or ask us if you should change things,?

·
Registered
87 Posts
my winter tire install is booked for late oct and my maint. minder is at 30% . Was hoping the timing would have been better to kill two birds with one stone but it looks like I'll be visiting dealer twice in a matter of 14 days .

yes I know some of you macho men do your own tire switches so no need to bust chops :p

Reactions: lmaxim

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,097 Posts
May 2017 still waiting for the Brake reminder, MM is like a sales pitch. someone programed it.

You maintain your can and how, or ask us if you should change things,?
so did you change your brake fluid? and if so, when?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,704 Posts
i'm at 24,000... always only got the oil/oil filter, and just recently rec'd oil/brake/engine&cab filters. never rec'd rear diff.
my vehicle is driven about 700 miles a month and parked in a garage. cked cab filter - clean as a whistle (yeah) and will be cking the engine filter this wk.. ** thanks for Fishycomics for his videos.
Your member profile says you have an FWD CRV, not an AWD. Hence you have no rear differential.. so no fluid service. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts