Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new owner 15 CRV EX. Have yet to find anyone listing required services the first 3/36? I can purchase Maintenance plan M33 for $550. Does Honda perform required maintenance based on time versus miles?
I even have the 2013 CRV owners manual and it does not list what intervals the minder display will trigger?
Just discovered there is no HomeLink! What else will I find when I take a look at her today? She is new!
Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Likely only oil changes (5-6 of them), a brake fluid change (recommended every 3 years by Honda), tire rotations, and engine and cabin air filter changes. Maybe automatic transmission fluid drain and fill. If they charge $50 per oil change then $550 is probably a break even on all that stuff. But I would make sure that's what they include in that maintenance plan.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I would recommend just going with what the MM tells you to in regards to fluid changes. However, if you have 36,000 miles on it and haven't changed the cabin air filter or engine air filter I recommend doing that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Prepaid maintenance plans are generally offered by dealers, not Honda. Means that you have to go back to this dealer. Good plan for them. Get's the customer back to convince them that other services are needed.

I would not buy one. Never pay for any services in advance.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Prepaid maintenance plans are generally offered by dealers, not Honda. Means that you have to go back to this dealer. Good plan for them. Get's the customer back to convince them that other services are needed.

I would not buy one. Never pay for any services in advance.
Bingo! It's just a way for the dealer to get "easy money".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We did say "no" at first. We maybe have 6 months or 6000 miles to decide on any plan. They tried to sell HondaCare 7/84 for $1450 but I found it for $650 extended warranty.

·
Registered
136 Posts
These links might help:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/content/rjxa_isisviewer_sa.aspx?m=61T0&k=pubs/sm/1/2/Contents/enu/61T0ZD/GEN/SCT/SC/SYS/G004329_enu/web/html/G004329_enu&p=SM&t=H&model=CR-V&year=2015&referer=ownerlink

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/content/rjxa_isisviewer_sa.aspx?m=61T0&k=pubs/sm/1/2/Contents/enu/61T0ZD/GEN/SCT/SC/SYS/G004328_enu/web/html/G004328_enu&p=SM&t=H&model=CR-V&year=2015&referer=ownerlink

Air Filters:

"If the vehicle is driven primarily in dusty conditions, replace every 15,000 miles (24,000 km).

If the vehicle is driven mostly in urban areas that have high concentrations of soot in the air from industry and from diesel-powered vehicles, replace every 15,000 miles."

Automatic transmission fluid:

"Use Honda HCF-2.

Capacity:

-2WD models : 3.7 L (3.9 US qt)

-AWD models : 4.3 L (4.5 US qt)

Driving in mountainous areas at very low vehicle speeds or trailer towing results in higher transmission temperatures. This requires transmission fluid changes more frequently than recommended by the Maintenance Minder. If the vehicle is regularly driven in under these conditions, have the transmission fluid changed every 25,000 miles."

Engine oil:

"If the message ‘‘SERVICE’’or ‘‘SERVICE DUE NOW’’ does not appear more than 12 months after the display is reset, change the engine oil every year."

Brake fluid:

"Independent of the maintenance messages in the information display, replace the brake fluid every 3 years."

·
Registered
136 Posts
Personally, outside of brake fluid changes. I would just do all of the above myself. When i called four dealers about an automatic transmission fluid change for my 2006 Honda Accord i was quoted over $200 by three of the dealers. I went and bought 4 qts of ATF-DW1 and the washer replacement for $37.50 and did it myself. With it being a new transmission i would definitely do your first drain and fill 25,000 miles or slightly earlier regardless of the "mountainous areas or trailer towing". You're probably going to have a good amount of metal shavings on your drain plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts